Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
BEST scope for your MONEY >

BEST scope for your MONEY

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

BEST scope for your MONEY

Old 08-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Spike

ps...the 30mm x 50 mm is a good choice...then you have to go with different rings.

Sidenote: Your going to buy whats right for you.,no matter what I or anyone else says.

True story: Friend of mine buys a Leupold 6x20 for Varmint hunting.He bought it off of e-bay.There was something not right about the seal of the scope,He sent it to Leupold who then turned around and sent him a brand new (in the box) scope of the same power.The original scope was about 7 years old.Did not matter.They stood by their warranty.

Nothing left to say after that.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think Redfield was bought out by Meade last year?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Fork Horn

leupold v-3 3-9x40 or 3-9x50
Old 08-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the money ?? I ditto Timber Cruiser. I have 2 Conquests and like them both a lot. Couple of years ago I would not have not have included the Elite because I had no expereince with one. I have almost 1 1/2 seasons now and I am impressed with the one the came a on a used ML I bought. It is a 4200 series. It is a bit long and heavy, but does a great job for the asking prices I see advertised. It has the "Fire-Fly" reticle, which did nothing extra for me. I would not pay any extra $$$ for that.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rodngun,

Which states do not alllow hunting with a lighted reticle that can be turned on or off ?

You were the you who made the statement, so please clear that up for me ????
Old 08-22-2009, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default scope

Hands down it's the Zeiss Conquest!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Rodngun,

Which states do not alllow hunting with a lighted reticle that can be turned on or off ?

You were the you who made the statement, so please clear that up for me ????

States ???
I said some places dont allow the use of any type of lighted reticle.Some places dont allow atv's,some places dont allow anu Bows -etc etc.
You dont list what state your in -so -If you plan to use a scope like that-just call your local wildlife dept-they should be able to tell you.If you plan to go out of "state" and your nor sure of the state laws where you will be going...do the same.It should keep you out of trouble.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rodngun,

Thanks..............................I understand
Old 08-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

After looking through my dad's swaro I would have to say it's the best for low-light shooting. I use a Leupold VXII 4x12x44 and it suits me fine, I dropped a buck last year in really low-light. The swaro is a fine scope though, I am just satisfied with what I have.

BTW-I have a redfield 4x12 on one of my father's old rifles, a 36yr old Browning safari 308. It will still shoot a respectable group too..
Old 08-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Leupold 3-9x50