HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Optics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics-85/)
-   -   for all your scope questions and ideas, i would like to just help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics/299418-all-your-scope-questions-ideas-i-would-like-just-help.html)

bubba holley 08-01-2009 05:25 PM

for all your scope questions and ideas, i would like to just help

1. top rated scope is swarski. 4 x 12
2. leupold 3.5 x 10 x 50 v x 3 or (4 x 12 also)
3. zeis conquest (now in my opinon conuest and leupold are neck in neck), but leupold has the reputation adn warranty that only swarski can touch.
4. nikon monarch gold 4 x 12

this are my recomendation the top rated scopes on the market and in order. as for leupold. i wouldnt waste my money on a fixed power or 2 power ,because your around $100 to $150 from a vx 3.i personally shoot the leupold 3.5 x 10 x 50 vx 3 in silver on my browning 300wsm. i hope this helps you guys out.

bubba holley 08-01-2009 05:27 PM

1 place to look at purchasing your optics

is SWFA.com a lot of people do not know about them . they have whats called a sample list and you can also trade and they will beet anybodys price.

bugsNbows 08-02-2009 06:09 AM

Bubba, not to tinkle in your corn flakes, but your thoughts may be somewhat limited. There are many considerations that must go into scope selection. Obviously price, but additionally: intended usages, size/weight desired, color (matte, gloss, silver), reticle selection, focal plane desired, variable vs.fixed powers, durability, tracking and/or repeatibility, lens quality and coatings, warranty/ customer service, etc.

Swarovski's are indeed good. I have two. However, in your statements, are you referring to the Z-6, Z-5 or Z-3? The older AV 's are great also.

The new Leupy VX3 (I have one) is indeed a step up over the older VXIII. They are pretty much on a par with the Conquests (I have one) now...IMO.

I like Nikon's o.k., but I also have Bushy Elites, Sightron Big Sky's and have been impressed with Vortex Viper's. I've had Burris Sig Selects, Kahles CL's and others more closely described as entry level units. Top end units like Zeiss Diavari, S&B, US Optics, and Nightforce NXS are GREAT but pricey. Whatever lifts your skirt man. There is not one, perfect scope right for everybody all the time.:s1:

driftrider 08-02-2009 12:15 PM

Thanks for your unsolicited opinion on relative scope quality.

Although, I disagree with your position that the Leupolds are better than the Zeiss scopes, at least when comparing scopes at the same price point. My experience when I was shopping for my last scope purchase was that, side-by-side, Zeiss Conquest scopes are noticeably better than comparably priced Leupolds (the VX3). Now, that's not to say that the ultra-premium Leupolds aren't the same or better than the Conquests, but you're going to pay a lot more. And the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40mm scope is the best value scope on the market today. Excellent hunting optics at a very affordable price.

Mike

driftrider 08-02-2009 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 3398099)
gonna get me a SWARSKI, put it on my 3hunerd wedderbee, load my own shells with double XX magnum loads ( take that 43sumthin or other powder, fill it up, poke it in good and tight with a wood rod, filler up again) seat a hunerdfifty gr kore lock on top) and be good to go to nigh on 1tousand yards!
RR

:lmao::lolabove::lolabove:

Thanks, RR, I just blew beer out of my nose!

That's just what I was thinking when I read his post, too.

Mike

stubblejumper 08-02-2009 06:11 PM

Thanks, RR, I just blew beer out of my nose!

That's just what I was thinking when I read his post, too.
Same here.I started laughing as soon as I saw Swarski.:lmao:

bugsNbows 08-03-2009 03:07 AM

I tried to be nice, but seems like you boys scared off ole' Bubba.:rock:

stubblejumper 08-03-2009 04:09 AM

I tried to be nice, but seems like you boys scared off ole' Bubba
He is probably busy studying for his fourth attempt at passing third grade English.:biggrin:

Ron Duval 08-03-2009 04:38 AM

removed by RD

Ron Duval 08-03-2009 05:06 AM

removed by RD