Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Best scope for the money? >

Best scope for the money?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Best scope for the money?

Old 07-14-2009, 04:24 AM

Default Best scope for the money?

Its been a while since i've been on here, i recently just got me another gun. Browning A-Bolt 243 synthetic. My question is, i am wanting to put a scope on there before this hunting season. Which scope is the best for the money? My shots are usually no longer than 350yds, i currently have a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x50 on my Remington 700 30-06, i like the scope and have no complaints. I have a kid on the way that is due within the next month, so i'm trying to save as much money as possible (gun was a b-day/working on the in-laws farm gift).

I really love the 50mm on the scopes, well i don't wanna go no lower than 44 if i can help it. I would really love to stay under $250 if possible. I'm open for any suggestions.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Easily the Bushnell Elite 4200 3x9x40 that can be bought for $250 or less (check e-bay) is probably the best scope you can get for the money. A lot of people compare it to the Conquest as far as quality and clarity.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

+10 on the Bushy Elite 4200.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't over look Burris !!!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
Easily the Bushnell Elite 4200 3x9x40 that can be bought for $250 or less (check e-bay) is probably the best scope you can get for the money. A lot of people compare it to the Conquest as far as quality and clarity.

I have not seen any reviews that compare a Bushnell to a Zeiss.
Seriously can you point me to an article. If that is truly the case I will start looking at Bushnell and save me some bucks as I have read multiple times that many people consider Zeiss is better than Leupold
Old 07-15-2009, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two Elite 4200 scopes and one Conquest. The Conquest may be a touch "better", but the difference is minor. Bushy 4200 (and 6500 for that matter) glass is from L.O.W. in Japan. It's very good. For the cost, the value is with the Bushy. Also, the Rainguard feature is very functional.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:00 AM

What is the diffrence between the Elite 3200 & 4200? My brother-in-law has a 3200 3-9x50 that he said he would probaly sell.

Also what about the Master Series Aetec? I know the old Aetec were pretty good, alot of ppl around have had good luck with them.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by gsptarget
I have not seen any reviews that compare a Bushnell to a Zeiss.
Seriously can you point me to an article. If that is truly the case I will start looking at Bushnell and save me some bucks as I have read multiple times that many people consider Zeiss is better than Leupold

OK, if I have a specific question or want information about optics I go to the SWFA forum. There are a LOT of optics professionals on there that know their glass. Check this ratings thread they have on the SWFA site:

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_post.asp?TID=16515

There are a number of other threads on the site that talk about the Bushnell Elite scopes quality. There are altways a few on there that are not favorable, but the pros outweigh the cons.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
OK, if I have a specific question or want information about optics I go to the SWFA forum. There are a LOT of optics professionals on there that know their glass. Check this ratings thread they have on the SWFA site:

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_post.asp?TID=16515

There are a number of other threads on the site that talk about the Bushnell Elite scopes quality. There are altways a few on there that are not favorable, but the pros outweigh the cons.

thank you sir
Old 07-16-2009, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bamabuck, the 4200 is just a better scope (optically) than the 3200. That said, the 3200 ain't half bad in it's own right. Refer to the link that Timber posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.