Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 what is your opinion and why? >

what is your opinion and why?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

what is your opinion and why?

Old 01-30-2009, 05:27 AM

Default RE: what is your opinion and why?

It's a bit of a tough choice for me. I like that the Burris has good eye relief compared to the Bushnell, and the Burris has a better FOV at 7x ( 17" @ 100 yds) the Busnelle is only 12.7 @ 7x. The exit pupil on the Burris is 16 and 4.6mm compared to the Bushnell at 12.2 and 4.6mm. There both the same length and weight. The only thing the Busnelle as is that I can get it fixed here in Canada, where as I would have to send the Burris away to get repared if need be.

Marc
Old 01-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Markymarc

It's a bit of a tough choice for me. I like that the Burris has good eye relief compared to the Bushnell, and the Burris has a better FOV at 7x ( 17" @ 100 yds) the Busnelle is only 12.7 @ 7x. The exit pupil on the Burris is 16 and 4.6mm compared to the Bushnell at 12.2 and 4.6mm. There both the same length and weight. The only thing the Busnelle as is that I can get it fixed here in Canada, where as I would have to send the Burris away to get repared if need be.

Marc
Specs are great, but you've really gotta look through 'em both: your eyes may have their own opinion.

They're both quality scopes, at around the same price point. If your eyes don't give the nod to one or the other, then just flip a coin& go huntin'!.

FC
Old 01-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

If your willing to step up to a 3x9, you can get a Bushnell Elite 4200 for $255.00 at The Optic Zone. Just purchased one a few weeks back. Awesome scope for the price.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another scope in that price that you left out is the nikon buckmaster which IMO is better than them all.Leupold rRleman & XI from what I'm told are junk.I picked the Bushnell,I've had good luck with them in the past.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd have to say either the burris or bushnell....
Old 02-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

I've had all of these scopes, exept for the Rifleman. Here's my experience:

Bushnell 3200 -- I have two Elites. Pros are the rain-guard feature, one piece tube, and brightness. I also have two Browning Scopes that are similiar to the 4200's without rain guard. Only con I can think of is shorter eye relief than the Leupold. I also like the fast focus eye piece on the Elites.

Leupold VX-1 -- I havetwo of these scopes and really like them. Not quite as bright as the 3200, but great eye relief. Leupold's customer service is as good as it gets. Magnification rings can be a little hard to turn -- unlike theElite which is veryeasy and smooth.

Burris Fullfield -- I had two of these. Both leaked and fogged. Sent both backto Burris, and theyreplaced both of them with new scopes-- their customer service seemed pretty good. I really liked the Ballistic Plex feature.Eye relief was lessthan Leupold, and maybe less than the Bushnell. I sold bothnew replacementson E-Bay --unopened. You also have to turn the entire eye piece to change magnification, and they are quite hard to turn.

Here's how I choose between the Elites and the VX's -- If I need more eye relief for a particular gun, I go with Leupold. If I don't, I go with the Bushnell Elites.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:53 PM

Thanks for the info Wolverine, it's nice to here since you've had experience with all of those scopes. I am surprised that the Burris didn't do so well for you. I don't realy need alot of eye relief, the scope is going on a 270 Rem 7600. I like the fact that both Bushnell & Leupold can be fixed in Canada. Now how is the Bushnell in low light compared to the rest?

Thanx
Marc
Old 02-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have never had a single issue with a Bushnell scope...they got my vote.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:38 PM

Anyone know what the 3200 1.5-4.5x32 with the Firefly is like?

Marc
Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 AM

Anyone know how the Vortex Diamondback is compared to the Bushnell 3200. Just thought I'd ask?

Thanx
Marc

Quick Reply: what is your opinion and why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.