Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Burris Scopes? >

Burris Scopes?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Burris Scopes?

Old 01-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Burris Scopes?

How do Burris scopes stack up? particularly these lines...

Euro Diamond?
Black Diamond?
Signature Select?

I've just always thought of burris, bushnell, tasco etc...as junk, I've only owned nikons and leupold vx-iii, I have 1 swaro, I'm not asking a burris to compete with the swaro, but how would they score against a nikon monarch, or vx-iii? Can any of these match up against a zeiss conquest?

I really want a scope in the 4.5-14x44mm range with a ballistic style reticle, can't seem to find someone who makes the exact scope I want, the zeiss would work if their 14x came with the rz600 reticle, not the rz800. Anyone know if zeiss has a custom shop that would build one like I wanted, kinda like leupold does?

Old 01-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Burris Scopes?

I had a Burris Sig Select for awhile. It was nice enough with good glass. I just did not like it ergonomically and visually so I swapped it out for a Conquest. I'd suggest you put Sightron Big Sky on your short list.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

How are sightron's?

Old 01-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.nightforceoptics.com/

How much you got to spend?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Sightron's (Big Sky group) are every bit as good as a Leuppy VXIII ...maybe better.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Spike

Burris is a very good scope for the money.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Burris Fullfield II which as you know is a lower line than what you are looking at is probably my favorite scope I've owned. Much much better than the Leupold VX-I I own and was $23.99 cheaper and came with a free gps. Just seems to be super clear and pickup light really well. I also have trouble a lot of times seeing the crosshairs well in the Leupold where as the Burris has the ones that change color. It's normally black but if you put it on something black colored it looks gold. I really like that and find the cross hairs a lot easier to see. I love my Burris so far.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of the 3 model lines you mentioned, the Signature Select is the only 1 I have 1st hand personal experience with. They are equal to the Nikon Monarch IMO. I've never had 1 to quit and the Posi-Lock feature basically makes them bombproof.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:40 AM

I also have a Fullfield II and love it. I also got a free pair of landmark binocs for free with the scope. I love the binocs as much as the scope. I think I paid around $200 total for everything.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gspguy73

I also have a Fullfield II and love it. I also got a free pair of landmark binocs for free with the scope. I love the binocs as much as the scope. I think I paid around $200 total for everything.
Yup that's what I paid. $199 + tax for the Burris Fullfield II scope and a Garmin eTrex GPS.

Quick Reply: Burris Scopes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.