Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Where is a good place to buy optics? >

Where is a good place to buy optics?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Where is a good place to buy optics?

Old 12-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where is a good place to buy optics?

If you take your time and pay attention to what you are doing then I suggest E-Bay. I bought a brand new pair of Zeiss binoculars yesterday for $375. The cheapest I could find a used set anywhere was $450. And the cheapest new price I could find was $549. Just do not get in a hurry, there are some unbelievable deals on E-Bay.

I have been shopping for about 2 weeks when I found them. Tom.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

If you take your time and pay attention to what you are doing then I suggest E-Bay. I bought a brand new pair of Zeiss binoculars yesterday for $375. The cheapest I could find a used set anywhere was $450. And the cheapest new price I could find was $549. Just do not get in a hurry, there are some unbelievable deals on E-Bay.

There are quite a few things that I would buy on eBay. High quality optics is not one of them.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

There are quite a few things that I would buy on eBay. High quality optics is not one of them.

Why not?? As long as you do your research. Most of the companies on E-Bay are very reputable. And there is no better insurance in the industry than PayPal. PalPal is much safer than just using your regular credit card and ordering from a mail house. So I am not sure why you say that??

I have bought several high end bino's and scopes on E-Bay. As well as selling several with no problem what so ever. I realize E-Bay is anti-gun. But who isn't?? Most of us receive shipments through UPS and the US Mail every day,and they are about as anti-gun as you can get!! Tom.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tom-the reason I don't and won't buy off ebay is simply because I've never done any business on ebay,don't have a clue who I'm buying from,and don't know how to really check to ensure I won't be getting ripped off. Don't think there's anything stopping somebody from ripping me off except for giving them a black eye on that site/auction. So much for what I know lol. I'll stick with getting scopes,gun parts,etc from companies I've done business with for years. Is it same way on gunbrokers-who knows but I'm not finding out. How is ups antigun? I've been getting guns delivered both to and from me thru them for years with no problems. Neil
Old 12-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Tom-the reason I don't and won't buy off ebay is simply because I've never done any business on ebay,don't have a clue who I'm buying from,and don't know how to really check to ensure I won't be getting ripped off. Don't think there's anything stopping somebody from ripping me off except for giving them a black eye on that site/auction. So much for what I know lol. I'll stick with getting scopes,gun parts,etc from companies I've done business with for years. Is it same way on gunbrokers-who knows but I'm not finding out. How is ups antigun? I've been getting guns delivered both to and from me thru them for years with no problems. Neil

Antigun-Yes. Do you realize they even make the dealers pay extra to have all hqndguns shipped overnight?? Their reason was that too many of their employees(UPS) were stealing handguns. Who do you think pays for that overnight shipping??

As far as E-Bay is concerned. I have been selling and buying for a few years. I have never had a single problem. However I am careful!! And with PayPal you actually have better insurance on your purchase than you have with your credit card.

I know a lot of people like to deal FTF. And so do I. But I am not willing to pay $150 for the same binocular. Or $125 more for the same crossbow. Just my opinion.

You have to be careful wherever you buy. We did business with a certain restaurant for years. Even sat down to dinner with the owner several times. We bought $700 worth of coupons to give to employees for a Christmas dinner. After he collected a bunch of money he went out of business a week before Christmas!! No one is sacred. Tom.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:54 AM

another vote for "theopticzone.com"
Old 12-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.theopticzone.com/
Old 12-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Spike

Ebay if you are into saving money. If not............
Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

+1. I have taken advantage of some great deals on eBay.