Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Scopes?

Old 11-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scopes?

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the bushnell elite series of scopes,in fact they seem like great scopes and have excellent feedback,just that I can't stand the brand because of several instances of them not standing behind their warrantys.

ORIGINAL: Warkie
Marc, I too use a 7600 in 270win. I have an Elite 4200 3-9x and I like it and it works for me. My brother shot his first deer with it last week so obviously he likes it too.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:57 PM

I've looking at the Leupold VX-II scopes in a 3-9x40 online today, and they seem very good quality scopes ( i was reading the reviews on the Bass Pro website) A little more money, but I beleve you getwhat you pay for. Ever since the first time my dad took me to his tree stand when I was 7 I've been hooked to deer hunting. My dad tought my great hunting ethics, and to never pull the trigger unless I was 100% sure it was going to be a clean shot in the vital area. I've been living those words ever since and now I am 34. I lost my dad in June of 2003, and I was a mess, I had lost not only my father of 59, but I also lost my hunting buddy and best friend. That November I had a hard time going hunting without him, but I knewthat he wouldn't want me to pass up something that I have so much passion for. Opening morning I climb in to that same tree stand he took me too when I was 7, not 20minutes passed and I could hear steps in the crusty snow behind me, I stayed very still and in the cornerpf my eye I saw him step into the old shooting lane my dad cut so many years ago. I started shaking, my heart was pounding as the 14 point monster stood perfectly broadsite quartering away from me about 20 feet away. As I slowly raised my dads old 30-30 I laid the sights behind the monsters shoulder. I couldn't stop thinking of those famouse words, ( if it ain't a clean shot don't take it) well they don't gett any better than this, i told my self just seconds before I droped the buck right in his tracks. The rack is hanging in that very tree stand where my long love for deer hunting began.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a hard time finding better value for my money than the Nikon Buckmaster. I've recommended their 3X9X40 several times now. I own 1 and would own more if I had bought more guns that needed one.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently bought a ML on which was mounted a Bushnell Elite 4200, 2.5-10x50 mm. This one has the "Firefly" reticule and "Rain Guard". I hunted with the set-up last week. I intended to swap this scope out and put on a Conquest I had on another rifle, but did not get around to it.

I tried out the "Firefly" as directed in the brochure. Not much help as far as I can tell because the scope was bright enough to take me until dusk. I have no clue if this scope will hold up. I am a big fan of "high end' scopes because of excellent experience with these brands in the past 15 years o so, but I have to admit that this scope has one impressed me. If it can be had for $300 or so as others mentioned, I'd take a good look at one.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to our screwy forum markymarc! We need more members like you with good hunting ethnics and sounds like a great hunt.

ORIGINAL: Markymarc

I've looking at the Leupold VX-II scopes in a 3-9x40 online today, and they seem very good quality scopes ( i was reading the reviews on the Bass Pro website) A little more money, but I beleve you getwhat you pay for. Ever since the first time my dad took me to his tree stand when I was 7 I've been hooked to deer hunting. My dad tought my great hunting ethics, and to never pull the trigger unless I was 100% sure it was going to be a clean shot in the vital area. I've been living those words ever since and now I am 34. I lost my dad in June of 2003, and I was a mess, I had lost not only my father of 59, but I also lost my hunting buddy and best friend. That November I had a hard time going hunting without him, but I knewthat he wouldn't want me to pass up something that I have so much passion for. Opening morning I climb in to that same tree stand he took me too when I was 7, not 20minutes passed and I could hear steps in the crusty snow behind me, I stayed very still and in the cornerpf my eye I saw him step into the old shooting lane my dad cut so many years ago. I started shaking, my heart was pounding as the 14 point monster stood perfectly broadsite quartering away from me about 20 feet away. As I slowly raised my dads old 30-30 I laid the sights behind the monsters shoulder. I couldn't stop thinking of those famouse words, ( if it ain't a clean shot don't take it) well they don't gett any better than this, i told my self just seconds before I droped the buck right in his tracks. The rack is hanging in that very tree stand where my long love for deer hunting began.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:54 AM

in my opinion the burris fullfield 2 is just as good if not better than the lueopold VX2 and cost a little less. I own a few burris scopes and love them i also own a bushnell 4200 and it is great too.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MALLARD76

Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40. The best value for your dollar out there.
Ditto...
Old 12-31-2008, 07:33 AM
Spike

No doubt that the Zeiss is the best scope of those mentioned, however they cost about $450. I have a vx-ll and a Burris fullfield ll and the Burris is hands down the best scope of the two. You can get these off of ebay for $150 give or take.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

I have nothing but bushnell scopes from the Banners on my rimfires up to the 4200 Elites on my deer rifles and have had no quality issues. Never had to deal with warranty issues, maybe I'm just lucky! Great glass for a great price.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Markymarc

Leupold vx-II is a good choice, I have the vx-I and the VX-III, my next one for my new .270 will probably be a vx-II, for the cost. When in doubt, go with a Leupold.

Quick Reply: Scopes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.