Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 What Scope Do You Recommend For A Revolver? >

What Scope Do You Recommend For A Revolver?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

What Scope Do You Recommend For A Revolver?

Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default What Scope Do You Recommend For A Revolver?

What scope would be good for a S&W revolver?

Thank You
Old 09-30-2008, 02:33 PM

Default RE: What Scope Do You Recommend For A Revolver?

Well I bought a Nikon 2.5- 8 x 28 and a Burris 3 - 12 x 32 Ball. Plex ... I wanted to try both and see what I liked best for my Ruger Super Redhawk in .480 Ruger... The Nikon was great and clear, but I like scopes with a bit more magnification ( even if I don't ever need it ... it is there if I want it ) so I use the Burris. I like the Nikon , don't get me wrong, and I own a ton of Nikon scopes .... but the 3-12 x 32 was a better fit for me.

I still have the Nikon in the Gun Cabinet in it's box. After I took it off, I put it away , but if I ever want to I can switch back .... but I don't see that happening. The Burris glass was not any clearer than the Nikon ( in fact the Nikon is probably clearer ) so if magnification is not a big issue for you ..... needing anything past 8 power, the Nikon 2.5 - 8 x 28 is a great scope...

Some folks don't even like that much power .... some go with 2x or 4x fixed. Some like a 2 - 6 or 2 - 7 ... but I have rifle scopes up to 5 - 20 variable... Most are in the 4 - 16 range on my rifles ... it is just my preference.

Hope this helps some... I would really look at the Nikons and Burris for the price point / value reason.

Try www.theopticzone.com and www.swfa.com for the better selection and prices that I know of. I buy a lot from the optic zone.

Good Luck and God Bless

MET

Old 10-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I assume this will be your first revolver scope and maybe for handgun so a good ol leupold 2x scope should serve you well. The more magnfication you have,the more shaky you will seem to be. A low powered scope will offer a larger field of view also.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

2x or red dot. At 100 yards, a 4x is nice.