HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Optics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics-85/)
-   -   Another scope question... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics/254451-another-scope-question.html)

MILLERTIME10 07-25-2008 04:45 PM

Another scope question...

I know, I know, same ole question, different guy. But, I am looking for a stainless (silver) scope for my Browning A Bolt .270, for less than $350. I have always been stuck on the Leupold. They have always been good to me, but is there anyhting out there in that price range that is better quality in your opinion?? I can get a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 for $250 New.

Thanks for your time,

Trent

MichaelT. 07-25-2008 06:10 PM

RE: Another scope question...

Monarch 2.5-10x42, BDC, Silver

$359.00

More Info

Buckmaster 4.5-14x40, SF, Nikoplex, Silver

$279.00

More Info

Elite 4200, 2.5-10x40, Multi-X, Silver

$369.00

More Info

VX-II 3-9x40, Duplex, Silver

$299.99

More Info

Any of the top three scopes are a better choice than the VX II at the bottom. The Nikons are great scopes, I own about 9 of them. Some Monarchs and some Buckmasters. I would not hesitate to put the buckmasters 4.5 - 14 x 40 on it. In fact I have a couple of them on some of my guns and one is in fact silver. It has never failed me.

If you have any questions ... feel free to ask. And the pics and descriptions above are links to www.theopticzone.com ..... I do most all of my business with Jon and Tammi. Great folks to do business with.

God Bless

MET

salukipv1 07-25-2008 07:54 PM

Nikon Monarch.

You can't get a vx-iii in your price range? personally I wouldn't own another leupold less than a vx-iii.

You may be paying more for a silver scope too, consider a matte black.....seen many stainless barrels with black scopes, and if it saves you $50 or more, why not?

johnnybravoo77 07-26-2008 07:45 AM

MY uncle has the same gun with silver vx-ii 3-9, and it has proved to be very deadly.

MichaelT. 07-26-2008 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: johnnybravoo77

MY uncle has the same gun with silver vx-ii 3-9, and it has proved to be very deadly.
Whats very deadly ??? the gun or the scope .... last time I checked, the gun did the killing ..... unless your uncle removes the scope and beats the game over the head with it.

The VX II is inferior in quality to the Nikon Buckmasters and most certainly the Monarch.
And it cost more than the Buckmasters line, and almost as much as the Monarch. It doesn't use ambient light as effectively, having a lower % of pass through, than either Nikon scope line.

Does it have click reticle adjustments, or does it have Friction reticle adjustments, which are inferior to click adjustments.??

So what exactly makes it such an awesome killing maching.????

bugsNbows 07-26-2008 08:58 AM

I'd also suggest the Sightron Big Sky II 3-9 X 42. It's around $350 and is a very good choice.

MichaelT. 07-26-2008 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

I'd also suggest the Sightron Big Sky II 3-9 X 42. It's around $350 and is a very good choice.
I know nothing about this scope , so I cannot comment on it, but this is the one he mentioned from the same place as those above.

Big Sky 3-9x42, Duplex, Stainless

$319.00

More Info

MET

Jeff Ovington 07-26-2008 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Whats very deadly ??? the gun or the scope .... last time I checked, the gun did the killing ..... unless your uncle removes the scope and beats the game over the head with it.

Geez..the gun does the killing?
I always thought it was the bullet that did the actual killing.;):D
Or is it the person?:D:D:D

bugsNbows 07-27-2008 11:35 AM

FWIW, Sightron scopes have great glass (LOW, Japan), a great warranty and CS, a lens coating comparable to the Rainguard on Bushnell Elites, several reticle choices, decent eye relief and are rather light weight. What's not to like.

MichaelT. 07-27-2008 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeff Ovington

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Geez..the gun does the killing?
I always thought it was the bullet that did the actual killing.;):D
Or is it the person?:D:D:D
LOL .... you got me on that one..... or is it the lead in the bullet that does the killing....:D