Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Another scope question... >

Another scope question...

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Another scope question...

Old 07-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another scope question...

check out the nitrex or intensity line of scopes made by federal/ATK
Old 07-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like the others that have and will post a reply, you have plenty of options in the $300-$400 range. For years, and especially of late, I have struggled to determine the "break" where the quality vs. price optimizes. I think it is about in this range. So whatever you chose, you should be OK. That is the beauty of the scope market for the past 10-15 years or so. Now that some really neat coatings have been developed, there is even more value for your $$$ than 15 years ago or so.

There are certainly fans of this or that manufacturer and scope type ... and no one is wrong. Despite my usual wordiness, the point I try to stress every time on "scope advise' is that you buy the best that you can afford. In my opinion Leupold offers a good value line in the Vari-X II and Vari-X III. I am convinced that there is a quantum leap in very low light performance and contrast between the two and would hold out for the Vari-X III.

I am a big fan of the Zeiss Conquest right now. It is pricier than what appears to be your range, but if you can go Vari-X III you can probably go Conquest. Take a good look through one of these if at all possible.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

what do you guys think about the burris fullfield II?
looks reasonable and has a great warranty
Old 07-28-2008, 07:19 AM

Not a bad scope, but not as good as the nikon. I would say it is just a slight bit below the Buckmasters.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Michael, RELAX, Im not trying to sell this guy anything. Just relaying an opion on what I have seen. My Uncle has had this scope for quite some time and hasnt had any problems with it. The vx-ii that I owned was a great scope as well.

Does it have click reticle adjustments, or does it have Friction reticle adjustments, which are inferior to click adjustments.??
Yes, it does have click adjustments.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

so the buckmaster scope is better than a Leupold VXII or a Burris Fullfield??

Old 07-28-2008, 04:08 PM

Having used all of them, IMHO .... YES.

I also have had to use the repair centers for the burris and the nikon, and the Nikon was better for the warranty work. Kept me apprised of the scope the entire time and I got it back first.... they were shipped out at the same time on the same day.

And johnnybravoo77...

Michael, RELAX, Im not trying to sell this guy anything. Just relaying an opion on what I have seen. My Uncle has had this scope for quite some time and hasnt had any problems with it. The vx-ii that I owned was a great scope as well.

[blockquote]quote:

Does it have click reticle adjustments, or does it have Friction reticle adjustments, which are inferior to click adjustments.??

[/blockquote]

Yes, it does have click adjustments.

I am relaxed, I apologize if it seemed otherwise....and thanks for the clairification on the vx II ... they did have friction a while back, but I was not sure if thay had been updated.

MET

Old 07-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

sounds like a Bushnell Elite 3200
Old 07-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Michael, the vx-i are friction adjust. Some earlier vx-iis may have been friction as well.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Look through them side-by-side. That is what I did and that is why I bought my Leupold over the Nikon.

Quick Reply: Another scope question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.