HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Optics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics-85/)
-   -   Leupold VX-IIIand VX-L (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics/253095-leupold-vx-iiiand-vx-l.html)

oldelkhunter 07-16-2008 12:20 PM

Leupold VX-IIIand VX-L

discontinued . Wonder what the replacement is ?

bugsNbows 07-16-2008 03:39 PM

RE: Leupold VX-IIIand VX-L

Are you saying that the VXIII and the VXL are being discontinued? I hadn't heard that. It's hard to believe they'd dump the VXIII. Seems the the bread and butter of Leupy. Very interesting.

TexasBowHunter 07-16-2008 03:56 PM

Where did you get that info???? The VX-L is fairly new and seemed to be taking off ok however I could see it if they weren't selling too many.....But the VX-3,I can't believe they would get rid of that...Interesting to say the least!!!!

oldelkhunter 07-16-2008 06:04 PM

Where did you get that info????
Leupold is notifying their distributors one of which I cannot mention here.

salukipv1 07-16-2008 07:16 PM

ditch the vx-iii?

then what would you buy? vx-7? thanks but no thanks I'll take a swarovski.

vx-L? I'd rather have the vx-iii, and I'm not buying anything of lesser quality than vx-iii from leupold, if that's true, looks like they're losing a customer in me.

timbercruiser 07-16-2008 07:25 PM

I'm pretty sure the VX-III and the VX-L had the exact same glass.

oldelkhunter 07-16-2008 08:08 PM

ditch the vx-iii?

then what would you buy? vx-7? thanks but no thanks I'll take a swarovski.

vx-L? I'd rather have the vx-iii, and I'm not buying anything of lesser quality than vx-iii from leupold, if that's true, looks like they're losing a customer in me.

VX-III and VX-L are being ditched. The guy that designed the VX-L should be covered in honey and staked to a red ant nest. Leupold has 2 many product lines way too many. They need to have a little better scope then the VX-III and VX-II and s-can the VX-1 and rifleman. Someone is thinking there if they got rid of the ice cream scoop scope. You know I looked thru a VX-7 at my gun dealer , he has it mounted on a mountain Ti and I took a peek , Sorry rather have a 1" Swaro or Kahles.

salukipv1 07-17-2008 10:40 AM

I'm thinking maybe they'll come out with a replacement for the vx-iii, and vx-l, like the vx-7 kinda replaced the LPS....?

Personally I don't want to be stuck with vx-i or vx-ii, they can ditch both of those IMO.

They do have way too many product lines, Personally I think all they need is a nice scope....vx-iii or tad better and then sure if they want the vx-7 quality to go after the big boys, go for it.

But something very nice, priced fairly, is what I want, not some $200 piece of junk.

I have a leupold shotgun slug scope....2-7, which I think is a vx-i, opitically its ok, it'll do the job, but performance, turning that knob is like breaking your wrist.

There must be far too many buyers in the cheap scope category, and you have to sell to the masses.

Solitary Man 07-18-2008 12:33 PM

The VX-L was a cluster you-know-what from the get go. I'm not surprised there.

The VX-III was a decent scope, but not significantly better than the VX-II which cost less.

It'll be interesting to see what they do. I would have bought the VX-III (actually I tried a couple and sold them) if the glass was comparable to the Zeiss Conquest, but it wasn't. I'm hoping they'll come out with a scope in the Conquest price range with VX-7 quality glass in it.

Of course, it's possible whatever they do might involve the Redfield name since they acquired the rights to it recently. Who knows. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

salukipv1 07-18-2008 05:00 PM

VX-7's now have the VX-L glass style in them too, 56mm weird shaped glass.....so doubting they just came out with that and will ditch the profile shape, simply the glass/line set up.

Was surprised to see a vx-7 with that shaped lense.