Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 leupold VX-lll >

leupold VX-lll

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

leupold VX-lll

Old 07-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: leupold VX-lll

ORIGINAL: 700Rem

Never buy a scope that isnt a Leupold.40 years of hunting, never a problem with one.Even if you did, you can send it in and they will fix it or replace it.Not that I have ever had to do it-but if you should have a problem with one you can send it in and get it replaced EVEN if you are not the original owner.

Here is what you stated earlier. I do agree that Leupoldhas good customer service and if they are what you want then fine. Just remember that there are better scopes whichcost more but at the same time there are scopes which cost less, but perform comparably to Leupold.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Man ,are you just having a bad day or what....Tone???? defensive???differing opinions???

I think you might want to go back and reread this entire thread...

Yes I know the LPS is not made anymore...its was just that scope was one of their top of the line and it sucked(to me) that was the point.Lighten up a little,your taking all this WAY WAy to serious.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man ,are you just having a bad day or what....Tone???? defensive???differing opinions???

I think you might want to go back and reread this entire thread...

Yes I know the LPS is not made anymore...its was just that scope was one of their top of the line and it sucked(to me) that was the point.Lighten up a little,your taking all this WAY WAy to serious.
No you are the one taking things a little too seriously .

Okay,let me break it down for ya this way
Do you think we are incapable of rationalizing or comprehending what your train of thought is?

Old 07-06-2008, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 700Rem

Blue jeans are blue jeans until you put the brand name on them.I have been using leupolds for over 40 years,during which time I have NEVER had to send one back.I did have a friend who had to send back a 6x20 due to a seal.The scope was 7 years old.They sent him a brand new one,no questions asked.I buy things based on how reliable the product is,look at it this way-I dont have a problem carrying a Glock or something of that (so called) quality---but believe me, somewhere I will have something reliable to back me up like a S&W 686.Point being,most people buy products based on the names of products thinking they are getting some TOP QUALITY product becuz of the name on it..when in reality all they are paying for is the name on it.I will put any of my Leupolds up against any other scope out there. Bushnell Elite has rainguard-does that make it a quality scope??? NOPE -dont think so.Your preferences are just different than mine.Go ahead and Pay the extra 600.00 to get the same power scope I have and I will kill the same thing you will at the exact same yardage your scope will -I just paid 700.00 for my scope and you paid 1500.00 for yours,but that deer will never know the difference.
Thats why I will not buy a Loopy .... Why buy a 700.00 scope when I can buy a 400.00 Nikon Monarch and do everything that Loopy will do for a whole lot less..... I mean really.... If you are not going to buy the best and get the S&B, NF or one of those other top of the line models, .... then what ever does the trick for the lowest $$$ is the winner.... But I stopped being impressed by Loopys many years ago. They only cost 2X as much as a Nikon..... but are equal otherwise.

If you are not buying the best, then whatever you do buy is 2nd rate.....

MET

Old 07-06-2008, 04:42 PM

ADIOS-go find another tree to climb..this one is old and has some real hard bark on it.Go find someone else to play with.Dont have time for ya.EOS.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:45 PM

When your personal argument falls apart .... it's time to cut and run.....
Old 07-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey 700 grow some will you. If you can't stand the heat .....you should know the rest.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Hey 700 grow some will you. If you can't stand the heat .....you should know the rest.
HEY; HERES AN IDEA--WHAT DO YOU SAYI TAKE ONE OF MY LEUPOLD AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS--THAT WAY YOU CAN SEE WHAT AN A S S YOU ARE MAKING OF YOURSELF??????????
Old 07-06-2008, 08:03 PM

Good Grief :that was lame.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to think leupolds were the cat's meow and have several of the ol vari-x models. Then one day I looked thru a swaro. Another thing I don't like is when leupy switched all the models to vx. I can't quite compare them, and have not really taken the time to try,as I knew I'd always be able to count on my old leupys to work well, but alsoknew it was time to look at some other brands.