Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Cabela's Pine Ridge scopes >

Cabela's Pine Ridge scopes

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Cabela's Pine Ridge scopes

Old 05-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default Cabela's Pine Ridge scopes

does anyone have any expirence with these ? I mean no disrespect but those of you who believe that unless you spend $1000 on a scope you are wasting your money please don't reply .I don't have that kind of money to spend on a gun let alone a scope.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cabela's Pine Ridge scopes

The only good thing I would say is that at at least Cabela's has a top return policy. I don't know who makes their scopes.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the 6-18 Tactical model. It is alright, anything higher then 13x isn't very clear, but the lower powers are pretty good for such a cheap scope.

Depending on what you want, take a look at Bushnells too.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

I would take a look at a Nikon Prostaff. The best scope for the money imho.

Die Hard
Old 05-21-2008, 03:14 PM

The Pine Ridge scopes are the same as a Tasco, Bushnell or Simmons for around the same money. Depending on the model they are one of these scopes branded with cabela's name on it. Some of them are decent for the money and like said they have great customer service. The Alsaskan Guide scopes are much nicer, but they are more money as well.

Paul
Old 05-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

thank you they have a sale going on now 3 x 9 x 40 and a 10 x 42 bino for $75 for that money I figure on giving them a try
Old 05-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

There is something to be said about spending money on quality glass. You don't need to spend a $1000 to get a good scope. You also wont get a good scope for $50. Spend the most you can afford and stick with known manufactures. If you do buy a low end scope I'd like you to try one thing then tell everyone the results. Once the scope is mounted to the gun secure the gun in a Gun Vice. Make sure the gun doesn't move then grab the eyepiece and while looking through the scope try to move the eyepiece. Tell us the results. I once had a cheap scope and when I tried that I just couldn'timagine how it hit anything. Grantedsome people get decent groups but I don't like the idea of seeing the crosshairs move that easy. BTW the scope was a Simmons and I gave it away.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the tip I will definately try that
the scope will be in next week I'll keep you posted
Old 05-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I forget who makes them, but the guy at cabelas did tell me at the time.....but I can't recall who it was. I was looking at a spotting scope, and he said something to the affect of we dont disclose who builds our spotting scopes, but so and so builds our binos, and if they were pine ridge....it was some major manufacturer, I think someone should know, if not it should be outted online.

I think the alaskan guide serious are pretty nice too, and It hink they are a discount to similar quality, I have a spotting scope I forget which brand exactly, but its very nice. big skyy? ED? something like that.

I do agree with what someone said above, you don't need to spend over 1000 to get something very nice, but spending over 300 I do think is a big step up from under 300...

Leupold and Nikon are the main names that come to mind, I don't have experience with bushnell, and others etc...

If you spend an extra $100 or 200 on glass you won't regret it. There's also EBAY, I have bought a couple scopes through there, either used or NIB, and saved a couple hundred on each maybe more.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Another place you can check is www.samplelist.com . It is the SWFA listing of traded/discontinued, etc scopes. Almost all brands are represented on the list. Many of them have warranty, and the people at SWFA are top notch in helping you. It is worth looking into.

Quick Reply: Cabela's Pine Ridge scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.