Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Leupold is the best! >

Leupold is the best!

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leupold is the best!

Old 02-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Spike

Default Leupold is the best!

I emailed Leupold asked them if I could get another Leupold emblem for my scope cap because mine was lost. This cap is the kind of expensive screw in one from Leupold themselves. They sent me a whole new cap for my objective.

I will always use Leupold for life. SRM out!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leupold is the best!

Yes, Leuppy makes good scopes and their CS is top notch. But best... not in my opinion. Their glass doesn't compare with the top Euro brands...that includes the V7.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you had a good customer service experience and am also glad to hear that they will at least have one customer for life. They lost my business years ago.[:'(]
Old 02-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

They have excellent customer service from what I’ve heard and glad to see you’re happy with the service but I would say they're the best for optics...
Old 02-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Have another glass of that Lupy Kool-Aid. Good, yes - Best, no - Overpriced, probably
Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 AM

Yes Leupold is great in customer service! I get fogging or a scratch in my scope, just send it in and they'll fix it. But i believe Zeiss out does them preformance wize.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bought by a lens cover,your price is low.

Personally,I find leupold overpriced for what you get.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:37 PM

I agree with the CS bit as well, but their product quality has gone down hill now for at least 10 years IMO. Glad to hear that they have somebody to keep them afloat, because it won't be me....
Old 02-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

I too find Leupold's current quality level low for what you pay for. They are good, but when I compare them side by side at the $500 - $700 price point with others, they are the most expensive and worst performing, . . .glass, turrets, etc. I was much happier with my Burris XTR. I also thought Sightron had surprisingly goodglass. Burris also sent me some parts and fixed any issues I have had.

My dad has a $250 Leupold 3-9x40 Vari II. I think I'm saying that model right. It is like 10 years old. It will hold a zero on his 270 WSM, but takes some "coming around" to get it zero'd. Holding zero is good, and all he needs, but if I'm an inch low, I want to turn 4 clicks and hit the bullseye with my next shot at 100 yards. When you think your scope is good, try this from a good rest. Set your target up with a level at 100 yards(use a rangefinder). Shoot 5 shots at the bullseye(scope zero'd for the bullseye). Then shoot 20 shots like this: 1. Up 3MOA, R 3MOA, 2. Down 6MOA, 3. L 6MOA, 4. Up 6MOA, 5. R 6 MOA. Move the scope every shot. Compare the 4 outer groups to the bullseye group. For fun, you can number each round of 4 shots. Now compare the average group size for the four outer groups to the bullseye group.

I think I really got my eye opened to Leupold's quality sinking when I tried like 20 Leupolds at 6 different retailers in3 different states. I found at least 3 broken turrets, lenses which were coated giving off color representation, lack of flat focus. Some of these were Mark 4's. I would love to interview snipers who have carried them in battle. I can't believe that your average customer is cranking knobs in the store rougher than these guys. I did have a guy at one store tell me not to twist the turrets. He said I would break them. I thought he was just an idiot, but. . .hmm, maybe he knew something afterall![:-]
Old 02-17-2008, 10:23 PM

I bought a MK 4 for my .338 LM, and that is the reason that I have no interest in owning another. somewhere within say the first 10 shots, and a piece of the reticle came off. I called Leupold they told me that wasn't possible, and that it HAD to be dust. Funny thing was that piece of **DUST** was black, perfectly straight on 3 sides, and the same shape and size as the cross-hair posts on the top, bottom and sides......

Quick Reply: Leupold is the best!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.