Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 HELP!! scope is locked up >

HELP!! scope is locked up

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

HELP!! scope is locked up

Old 12-07-2007, 04:08 PM

Default HELP!! scope is locked up

Hi there folks. I have a sudden problem. I'm not sure how or why, but the magnification ring on my brand new (only used for any deer rifle season this year) Pentax Gameseeker is locked ay the highest level of magnification and will not budge. It is on a 270, if that makes any difference. The issue feels mechanical in that it is hard stopped there, with no give. I know it was working when I sighted in the gun, and I am totally mystified as to what could cause this. Any thoughts on what the issue might be and/or what I can do about it before the opening of doe season tomorrow morning would be really helpful.

Kris
Old 12-08-2007, 12:36 AM

Default RE: HELP!! scope is locked up

I don't know -- far from an expert here. It is all the way at the highest magnification which sounds like it would make sense to be near a stop. What should I do in that case?

Kris