Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Scope Adjustment >

Scope Adjustment

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Scope Adjustment

Old 12-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Default RE: Scope Adjustment

ORIGINAL: jlbspd

Im not sure on this "clicks this way and that" but this is my suggestion. Get your gun bore sighted at 25 yrds. (bore sighting is truely only good out to 25 yrds) Then slap this puppy in a good rest. At 25 yrds, take a shot with cross hairs on dead center target. Do not move your gun after this shot. Once you find where your hitting (dont move the weapon) adjust the cross hairs to where you shot. Now re-align the cross hairs on dead center of target and shoot again. Should be dead on. If not, a click here or there will put you on bullseye. Now you can push it out in yardage and make your yardage adjustments for 100 yrds or more. Entire sight-in usually takes me about 8 rounds to get 100 yrds down. Believe the military snipers use this method...dont remember exactly what they call this technic
that is just how my buddy does it . ,and he uses only 3-5 shots and he is sighted in.,