Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 NcStar experiences? >

NcStar experiences?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

NcStar experiences?

Old 11-27-2007, 12:02 PM

Default NcStar experiences?

Ok, looking to load up my AK47...yes...AK with a scout style scope. Dont want to put a scope on it that cost as much as the gun ex. Nikon, Leupold etc... My AK is my fun gun for hogs set up with AR15 style quad rails and collapsible stock. I was looking around and found NcStar optics. They are CHEAP with a life time warranty. I understand price usually reflects product when it comes to scopes but anyone have any experience with them? I will be using a pistol style scope with long eye releif. Thanks

Old 11-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NcStar experiences?

I bought a spotting scope from them. Its all right, just for the range. Functions as advertised. I dont think it would hurt picking one up for fun gun; just wouldnt expect much out of it neither. Let my know if you get one, Id like to know how well it works out.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:05 PM

I think ill give NcStar a try...cant hurtfor the price and warranty and like you said, its my fun gun....who knows, i may be pleasantly suprised.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I few months ago I thought about getting a NcStar for my sks, so you have piked my interst. can wait to see how it works out for ya.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:49 PM
c j
Typical Buck

I made the mistake of buying one of their spotting scopes at a gun show. It was ok -for the money- (about $35, if memory serves) but that was when you were using it on low power. God help you if you tried to look at anything at maximum magnification. You'd have better luck rigging up your own spotting scope using broken shards of a shower door and an empty paper towel roll.

Maybe their rifle scopes are better, though.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: c j

You'd have better luck rigging up your own spotting scope using broken shards of a shower door and an empty paper towel roll.

That's frickin funny!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

i bought a scope and it almost cost me a boar crap to say the least. if you want a cheap one that can take a beating go BSA. i put one on my sons 270 4 years ago and except for it loosing light 20 minutes before anything else in deep woods its ok. i also had a case were my leupold got damaged on a trip to montana. theonly thing i could do was out a BSA contender on my 7 mag for the hunt. i nailed a 6x6 mulley at 460 yards . my nc star im selling on ebay for what ever i can get. i will never use one again