Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Nikon or Bushnell >

Nikon or Bushnell

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Nikon or Bushnell

Old 09-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Nikon or Bushnell

i was wondering what scope to get for my 243. either the bushnell elite 3200 or the nikon prostaff. i hear they are both great scopes. what do yall think? thanks.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:49 PM

Default RE: Nikon or Bushnell

I just bought a pair of Leupold Olympic 8x42's, normally about $340 but Sportsman's Warehouse had them on clearance for $250. I think this was a steal at that price. They seemed better than the Wind Rivers or the bushnell legends that I looked through. I have also heard good things about the Nikon Monarchs as well.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are 3 scope companies that put out excellent scopes (for the money) in the same price range. Burris ff2,nikon,and weaver. check out all brands side by side if possible and see which has best optics. Of the 2 I'm most familiar with,both burris and weaver have good optics as well as reliable adjustments. Nikon has also but I havn't had enough of them to really tell yet. I have a thing against bushnell due to POOR customer relations/service. Most importantly-stay away from marginal scope companys/model lines.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:46 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

I have a thing against bushnell due to POOR customer relations/service.
I have to agree here. I feel the 4200's are excellent scopes. With clarity and back reflection just as good as VXIII's. But they don't have a rock solid warranty after that year is up. Its a grey area. I have pushed the 3200 and 4200 line for a few years now. But will warn people, if your putting the scope on a iffy gun, get a scope with a better warranty. For example. I have a 3200 2-6 on my 460 Smith pistol. This gun and the 500notoriously is demolishing scopes. No matter what brand. Its really not the scopes fault. Recoil is brutal. I know freinds who got 1500-2000 rounds out of the scope and they are falling apart. They send in thier Leupold and its fixed, no questions asked. But I already see cut marks in my 3200 on the bottom from the upward force of the gun. I know when the time comes, they will look at that, and not warranty it like Nikon or Leupold. But thats the price of a cheaper scope.

Leupold, and Warne, and other scope manufactures are telling people to mount the scope so the front ring is against the center portion of the scope to keep it from moving. I don't like that.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

You might want to look at Pentax, they have the best warranty out of all. If the scope breaks in any way, just bring it back to the store you bought it from and the store will give you a brand new one right then. Not sure for how long though...
Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 PM

Nikon is the best
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am kinda partial to the Nikons. Very clear scopes / binoculars for not a lot of money.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dway87

i was wondering what scope to get for my 243. either the bushnell elite 3200 or the nikon prostaff. i hear they are both great scopes. what do yall think? thanks.
you can buy a 3x9x50 prostaff realtree hardwoods for $149.99 at natchez shooters supply,and it's new not refurbished..........Ted
Old 09-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Spike

In my opinion, the Nikon Buckmaster is comparable to the VX-II and the Monarch to the VX-III. Give Jon and Tammi a call at The Optic Zone, www.theopticzone.com. I am sure they will give you a good deal on any one of them.

deerfollower
Old 09-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

These two scopes, the Nikon Prostaff and Bushnell Elite 3244 are not comparable. The Elite 3200 is a much better, and more expensive, scope. Not that the Prostaff is bad, but the 3200 is much clearer, better glass, one piece tube, rain guard coatings, etc.

Take a look at the Burris Fullfield II. I recently purchased one in a 3X9X40 with the ballistic plex reticle and really like it. PIcked it up used on ebay for $137.00 and it is in great shape. The reticle assembly is built extremely well in the Burris line of scopes. Fully multicoated glass, one piece tube, fast-focus eyepiece, lifetimetransferrable warranty. I regret that I didn't look at Burris earlier because this is one hell of a scope for the money.

Quick Reply: Nikon or Bushnell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.