Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 best Place to buy optics online >

best Place to buy optics online

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

best Place to buy optics online

Old 08-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default best Place to buy optics online

guys where is the best/cheapest place to buy optics online? I purchases a Nikon Omega BDC last year for $192 from "the optic zone" but now all of their scope prices are the same as cabelas. hmm???

I'm looking for a Nikon Monrach 4-16x42 matte
Old 08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best Place to buy optics online

www.opticsplanet.com
Old 08-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've purchased form these at one time or another:

www.bearbasin.com
www.theopticzone.com
www.cameralandny.com

The last one is my new favorite. Call and ask for Doug. Tell him you found out about him on an internet hunting forum and he'll probably give you a good deal.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

I have used www.oneclickshooting.com and www.riflescopes.com.
I have also worked with Alex at www.eurooptic.com if you are looking at higher end scopes etc.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

SWFA has them for $439.95 and they have something about matching advertised prices. www.riflescopes.com

Old 08-21-2007, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

I had good experience with SWFA.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

I was told by theopticzone that they were pressured by Nikon to raise their prices because Cabela's was complaining about them.Bad for us consumers, good for Cabela's profit margin. I won't buy from Cabela's anymore. That's just plain price gouging.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:30 AM

I think as far as prices go everyone stays in the same margin - excluding sales or specials on products.

I think are major factors when it comes to comparing is based on shipping, navigation, user-friendly, return policy and customer service. These are some online dealer I’ve had a lot of experience with.

OpticsBestBuy.com - I believe Opticsbestbuy has one of the by far best user-friendly layouts. They offer us ground shipping free. Also have a how to segments to help you purchase products even for first time buyers. There customer service and return policy are outstanding i place an order they had it shipped same day with a smile customer service.

www.opticsbestbuy.com

Opticsale.com - I believe Opticsale has good shipping and they did well on process my orders. There product selection isn't as big as Opticsbestbuy.com which is a downside. There customer service and return policy are good.

www.opticsale.com

Opticsplanet.com - There shipping and processing was fine. Also, like other dealers they get busy from time to time. There customer service and return policy are good, they stick to what they say and don't give you trouble. Opticsplanet is a good site but, if your a newbie or beginner you will find it hard to navigate through due to the large selection which they have the optics name but specialize in other categories.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Spike

I have had the best luck with Jon and Tammi at The Optic Zone. They are great people to deal with. Give them a call, I am sure they will work with you on the price.

www.theopticzone.com

Deerfollower
Old 08-21-2007, 08:07 AM

You mght try direct from the factory. Sounds lame, but there are a few companies that will sell direct to the consumer. I know that Nightforce is one that does.
Some won't, some kind of deal with the dealers, but worth checking out.

best of luck to you

Quick Reply: best Place to buy optics online

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.