Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 NIKON OR BURRIS SPOTTIING SCOPE >

NIKON OR BURRIS SPOTTIING SCOPE

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

NIKON OR BURRIS SPOTTIING SCOPE

Old 08-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default NIKON OR BURRIS SPOTTIING SCOPE

HI,I've been looking at a lower priced spotting scope,I was looking at the nikon xl and nikon prostaff VS. burris landmarks from everything that I could find to compare these,everyone seems to like the burris spotter better,no where around me has both so I can not compare the two,can someone give me some input or a reason I should choose one of the two.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NIKON OR BURRIS SPOTTIING SCOPE

I know with my rifle scopes the burris seems to have much better clarity and light gathering capabilities but then again these are rifle scopes so I dont know how they could compare to spotting scopes... I would have to go with burris if they are the same price.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:58 AM

Nikon XL Spotting Scope has the sliding sunshade, which elimates glares in bright situation. Burris does have better clarity, but i think Nikons overall glass is better. Idea would be check some product reviews about both ideas. To me its would be kinda of down the middle deal but, Burris is cheaper.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys for a little help,ya I know its a touchy price range,I do have a pair of nikon monarchs 10x42 bino's and the clarity in them is real good except when theres a mirage like heat rays raising off the field,my boss has a pair of 10x42 leicas them are real nice, nite and day difference between them and mine but theres close to a thousand different in price,I will be glassing deer in the range of up to 3/4 of a mile for scouting if anyone else has used one or both of em please speak up.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

I have both, I can't say enough about Fulfield II scopes (Burris), but as for spotting scopes Nikon has Burris beat buy a long shot, no comparison! I have both a Burris and Nikon Earth and Sky and the Nikon is the hands down winner! But if your ever looking to buy a great riflescope, look at Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex----- it's a winner!!!

Just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

hey thanks whitetailcrazy,is the nikon xl decent,as far as scopes I have never looked through the fullfield ll ,but I was thinkinking of putting a leopould vari x lll on a good rifled slug gun
Old 08-09-2007, 08:11 AM

Nikon XL gives youa bigger maginification then Landmark, and it is really not heavy at all. Also, like i said before it sliding sunshade which eliminates glares in bright conditions is a good feature to have. But, on the downside its pretty expensive. I would get the Nikon Prostaff, its cheaper and compares to the Nikon XL but isn't better inbright situations.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:19 AM

AMEN whiteteilcrazy, couldn't have said it better!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys I will look at all three I'm gonna make a trip to gander mountain I think they carry all of them
Old 09-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Burris Landmark and I am not impressed with it at all.

Quick Reply: NIKON OR BURRIS SPOTTIING SCOPE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.