Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Lighted crosshairs ? >

Lighted crosshairs ?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Lighted crosshairs ?

Old 07-01-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Lighted crosshairs ?

I hunt bear a lot and use a Leaupold 2x7 with # 4 crosshair on my Browning blr .358 But it still doesn't do the job at near dark. The only lighted cross hair scopes I can find in my budget rangeare BSA,Millett or Barska. You guys know anything about these brands ? My son has a millett lighting 1.5x6 but it is very bulky on my little Blr.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lighted crosshairs ?

I think the scope quality of the 3 you mentioned will be of little help to you in low light situations, even with the lighted reticle. I would save up and look for a better quality scope later on.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Perhaps you should look into a Bushnell Elite 4200 with the firefly reticle or a Triijicon Accupoint. Neither utilizes batteries, which IMO, is a real benefit.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 AM
Typical Buck

A friend of mine uses a scope called A1 optic. I had never heard of it before but it is very clear and has a lighted reticle.His other scope is a NC Star 1.5-6x42mm with a lighted dot in the center of the crosshair. He loves them and has shot many bears and deer with them. He got them off ebay.Although Im not into the economy scope to much I kinda like both of them. He has had them for a few years now with no problems. I really like the lighted dot and will be purchasing one of the same power but made by burris. But if your on a budget you should be ok with either one of the 2 I mentioned. Like I said he has shot many bears and deer with them.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:44 AM

Buy a Eagle Eye Optic scope. I got hooked on them from my brother-in-law in MT. I have taken several deer with it and got my own on my Weatherby .300 Mag. It is right on the money consistently. It is a 4x16x50 scope with illuminated milldot reticles, adjustable focus, paralax, etc. It is shockproof, fogproof, waterproof, coated lenses, lifetime warranty. Ipaid 175.00 new including shipping and I swear by them. Since I got mine, several of my friends have bought one. I will have one on my CZ also. It is the best I've used and I'd put up against any of the big names any day of the week at 1/4 the price. No, I don't sell them. I'm just a very happy customer. Google them and check them out! PM me if you have trouble or want the item # of the one I have on my Weatherby.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:48 AM

It's called illuminated reticle, not lighted. Also, they're not really necessary, and I see them as just an electronic waiting to fail.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Hard Luck

I hunt bear a lot and use a Leaupold 2x7 with # 4 crosshair on my Browning blr .358 But it still doesn't do the job at near dark. The only lighted cross hair scopes I can find in my budget rangeare BSA,Millett or Barska. You guys know anything about these brands ? My son has a millett lighting 1.5x6 but it is very bulky on my little Blr.
Those brands are bottom barrel brands, i would save up and try to get a better brand and quality. In the long run these will just a wasted money and space.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Fork Horn

If you want a scope for lowlight or no-light condition,there isno such thing as a cheap scope. A good scope for lowlight hunting would be a zeiss 3-12x56 with illuminated recticle. If you want to go cheaper maybe the trijicon 2,5-10x56 would do.

Just forget the cheap stuff such as barska, bsa....
the optics and illumination in these scopes are very bad [:@]
Old 08-10-2007, 01:08 AM

If you can afford it, I suggest looking at the Nightforce. They are $$$$$$, but a great product.

Stay away from the 3 you mentioned above.