HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Optics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics-85/)
-   -   How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics/196129-how-do-you-rate-burris-fullfield-ii-s.html)

Pioneer2 07-01-2007 04:20 PM

How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

What kind of quality are the Burris Fullfield II for clarity warranty and general use both varminting and big game?........Harold

vadeerkiller 07-02-2007 07:34 PM

RE: How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

Just bought one and I already like it better than the Nikon Monarc I also bought.

okgobbler 07-02-2007 10:32 PM

I have 3 ffII's. very pleased. I don't have a lot of experience with other $150-300 scopes. I have a leupold vari-x III, 3 ffII"s, 3 tasco world class, 1 optronics, 1 simmonsand a bushnell. The Burris's are way better than the others except for the leupold. I about to order a weaver grand slam. I think you will be happy with a burris. btw my groups have gotten smaller as I have improved my scopes.

stalkingbear 07-03-2007 08:08 PM

In my opinion,they are close behind leupold. Leupold is my all time favorite "go to" scope. Burris does have a couple features that I really like,like posi-lock. You can't go wrong with burris.

ericstokes250 07-05-2007 12:34 PM

I think burris and leupold go head to head. I think Leupold is stronger and holds up better but, at the same time Burris has unique features. I would suggest in this situation either Burris or Leupold.

tempehunter 07-10-2007 01:22 PM

Great question I was looking at getting a burris for my 257 Wby Mag. and was wondering the same thing!!! I hope there are some good replies

700xcr 07-15-2007 08:23 PM

I stepped up and got the Burris Euro-Diamond in 2.5x10x42for the 700xcr in 270wsm. This is my first Burris. Has been Leupolds in past. I am really happy with it. It is clear and bright in mornings and dusk. Due to the 30mm main tube. Mine has the Ballistic Plex retical.

bigcountry 07-15-2007 10:21 PM

In my opinion, fullfields are junk. There are a few nice ones out there, but as I keep saying, making lenses are about yeilds. And I bet the fullfields will have the lowest yeilds. You got to ask yourself, how good is something that they have to give away a GPS or another piece of optics for you to buy it. If you do, your being sold.

I do like the monarchs.

doubleA 07-16-2007 06:14 AM

You got to ask yourself, how good is something that they have to give away a GPS or another piece of optics for you to buy it. If you do, your being sold.

Bigcountry....... my thoughts exactly, it does make you wonder, companies usually put incentives on things that are not selling well.

Red Lion 07-16-2007 02:09 PM

I do not own and have not used a Burris FFII, but have read a ton of praise for them from others here and elsewhere.