HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Optics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics-85/)
-   -   I have one word to say.....Leupold! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics/188308-i-have-one-word-say-leupold.html)

RemingtonDoesItAgain 04-14-2007 01:10 PM

I have one word to say.....Leupold!

I have come ot love these scopes. Theysuperior and give the most light of nearly any scope I have owned. Try one and you wont go back.

stubblejumper 04-14-2007 02:02 PM

RE: I have one word to say.....Leupold!

Theysuperior and give the most light of nearly any scope I have owned.
It sounds like you haven't owned any top end scopes to compare to.How many zeiss ,swarovski,schmidt &bender scopes have you owned?

absolut40 04-14-2007 05:07 PM

I used to swear by Leupold until i looked through a Zeiss.No comparison in my opinion.All my rifles in the future will have Zeiss scopes on them.

RLoving1 04-14-2007 10:01 PM

I would love to have a Zeiss but I use alot of Luepys,they work great jst hard for me to justify the extra bucks on a Zeiss when what I have works so well for the price.Leupold isn't cheap but it's high compared to alot of others,the Zeiss,Swarovski,S/B group is just a bit too much,I never had a problem as long as they Varix-II and above.

stubblejumper 04-14-2007 10:25 PM

Leupold isn't cheap but it's high compared to alot of others,the Zeiss,Swarovski,S/B group is just a bit too much,I never had a problem as long as they Varix-II and above.
If you can afford a VXIII you can afford a zeiss conquest as the cost is comparable.

Rebel Hog 04-14-2007 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Leupold isn't cheap but it's high compared to alot of others,the Zeiss,Swarovski,S/B group is just a bit too much,I never had a problem as long as they Varix-II and above.
If you can afford a VXIII you can afford a zeiss conquest as the cost is comparable.
10-4!:)

absolut40 04-15-2007 06:23 AM

I started a thread not to long agoto get opinions good and bad about the Zeiss conquest and just about everybody gave it a thumbs up.My .280 has one on it now and ill never go back to leupold.I compared it to the VXIII and it won hands down.It was also 200.00 cheaper too.

trailer 04-15-2007 07:23 AM

The Leupold is a good quality scope with excellent customer service but I wouldn’t say that they are superior...:eek:

Jobert 04-15-2007 02:04 PM

I buy the best scope I can afford, which is usually a Leupold. One thing I particularly like about Leupies is their light weight, compared to other brands of the same power. The next time I'm in the market for a scope, I'm going to give the Ziess Conquest line a long hard look.

B.B.A. 04-16-2007 12:39 AM

I have come ot love these scopes. Theysuperior and give the most light of nearly any scope I have owned. Try one and you wont go back.
I used to say Leupold, now these days I say Zeiss. My latest scope is by far the best I've ever seen. a zeiss diavari victory 6-24x56 with illuminated recticle no. 43 (mil dot)- amazing
Sadly expensive, but what a scope!!!!!