Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 I have one word to say.....Leupold! >

I have one word to say.....Leupold!

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

I have one word to say.....Leupold!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:12 PM

Default RE: I have one word to say.....Leupold!

You know what they say about opinions. I'll put my SB up against any Leupould any time of the day, especially at dusk. When you are straining to see I'll be counting points on the rack.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Done hearing about the overpriced Germanhipe when we have the BEST made right here in the USA for a lot less money and the best warranty in the optics industry.
The Zeiss conquest is also assembled in the USA(like leupold which is not 100% American made since it uses asian lenses),costs the same as a vxIII,and has the same lifetime warranty.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:39 PM

I agree with you stubblejumper. I would much prefer a Zeiss Conquest over a VXIII. I've got a VXIII on my Winchester Model 70 .270 and a Conquest on my Armalite AR-50. I like the Conquest better. It seems to be clearer and brighter.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trailer

The Leupold is a good quality scope with excellent customer service but I wouldn’t say that they are superior...
I completely agree with trailer. I had a Leupold on every scoped gun that I own until I tried my first Zeiss. Now I predominantly use Zeiss and Swarovski optics, but I still use a few Leupolds on my "low end" guns.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:41 PM

Better be careful about that "low end" comment. You're gonna make some of these Leupold fanatics mad. Ha Ha!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give a guy a break about liking his Leupold!I have a few and I like them! I just puta ancient 2x7 on my AR and there's nothing wrong with it.If someone enjoys what they have and not knocking yours then say congratulations and let him be!Besides I haven't noticed anyone offering to step up to buy him a S/B,Nikon,Zeiss,...I have different brands,some for different reasons and purposes,they work and that what counts.I have seen self apointed experts on scopes get their butts handed to them when some unassuming gentleman steps up with iron sites and whipps them at long range...it's as simple as use what you like and practice as much as you can!Not saying I have anything against one brand or another(except Simmons),hell give me a great price on a Nikon and it work for me then you can call me happy!Face it folks there is no universal scope for everyone and every need...maybe that why there's varying opinions and brands to choose from.Rant over,we were digressing to grade school sounds of "my Daddy can whip your Daddy" talk.The gentleman is very pleased with his Leupy and I am proud of a member that is satisfied with his choice.Now group hug and pick on me!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said! I really can't understand everybody slamming american made/OWNED products-I bet those same guys drive toyotas or something and wonder why american companys are struggling. It seems that everybody has to slam a good time tested american OWNED product. Just because they prefer something else don't mean it's junk. The problem is exactly what you said-instead of us banding together,we are segragating and that's where the antis are gaining ground. Just because I hunt with something else don't mean I'm going to say everything but my brand/caliber/model/type is junk.Wake up people!Everybody don't have the money that you do. By the way-zeiss conguest IS higher than vari X 3.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

And I thought the reply was going to be someone picking on me! Stalkingbear you make me proud! go ahead and tell me to mind my own biz...come on one free shot at me! LOL I still gain alot of insight from this group just by seeing varying opinions.Good website imho.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Well said! I really can't understand everybody slamming american made/OWNED products-I bet those same guys drive toyotas or something and wonder why american companys are struggling. It seems that everybody has to slam a good time tested american OWNED product. Just because they prefer something else don't mean it's junk. The problem is exactly what you said-instead of us banding together,we are segragating and that's where the antis are gaining ground. Just because I hunt with something else don't mean I'm going to say everything but my brand/caliber/model/type is junk.Wake up people!Everybody don't have the money that you do. By the way-zeiss conguest IS higher than vari X 3.
SWFA has Conquest for $400 and most of the comparable VXIII run $500 +
Old 05-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

By the way-zeiss conguest IS higher than vari X 3.
Only if you don't know how to shop around.

Quick Reply: I have one word to say.....Leupold!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.