Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 I have one word to say.....Leupold! >

I have one word to say.....Leupold!

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

I have one word to say.....Leupold!

Old 04-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Spike

Default RE: I have one word to say.....Leupold!

Wow, I have the opposite opinion. I have owned Leupolds and I will not spend my money on them again. I have Bushnell Elite 4200, Nikon Monarch, Zeiss Conquest and Clearidge Ultra XP and I will take them over the Leupold any day.

Deerfollower
Old 04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: absolut40

I used to swear by Leupold until i looked through a Zeiss.No comparison in my opinion.All my rifles in the future will have Zeiss scopes on them.
I agree with absolut40,now I own a 3-9-50mm and a 4.5-14-44mm and just love the quality of Zeiss scopes...
Old 04-16-2007, 01:14 PM

The VX-L is an awesome scope. I just couldn't resist putting one on my new tikka and I have no regrets.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:44 PM

Stop smoking the Leupold pipe. The Nikon Monarch Gold is better than the VXIII. Superior is not a word I would use to describe Leupold. I have two Schmidt Benders. Now that is what I call superior. You can shoot in the moonlight with those.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

after i bought my first Zeiss scope my friends leupold seem like a simmons scope now. leupold just doesnt compare.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

The word I would have used is "overpriced"
Old 05-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read everybody bashing leupold scopes in this forum and can't help but wonder what their rifles REALLY have on them. I stand behind leupold scopes as they stand behind their customer service. My favorite brand is leupold and will continue to be until someone shows me a clearly superior scope.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

I was just in the market for a new scope. I went around and around between different models and manufacturers. I narrowed my choice down to the Leopold VX-III and the Zeiss Conquest both in3-9x 40mm. The local Sportsmans Warehouse had them both in stock. I looked through both of them side by side for about 30 minutes, and them came to the conclusion that the Zeiss looked much cleaner and crisper then the Lupy, and the Ocular lens (theside of the scope that the eye looks through)on the Zeiss is larger than the Lupy which allows for faster target acquisition.

One morething, the Zeiss was $90.00less.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:30 PM

I don't think anyone is bashing Leupolds. I just don't agree with these guys that say that they are the best out there and they are superior. And by the way, I am one of those guys who REALLY owns better scopes than Leupold(A gun safe full of them).So I can speak from experience.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree Rem. I have own those overpriced European scopes that are to be Gods gift to the hunting industry and have found that the guys that mount this overpriced optics on their favorite firearm are those that want to impress their friends at the range or hunting camp with how much money they have spent. The Leupold Vari X III will perform as well or if not better than the same power of the high overpriced optics. Swarovski 2 x 10needs a 56mm objectivewhere the Leupold LPS outperforms the Swarovski with a 45mm objective in light gathering and multicoated lensesand for less money. Done hearing about the overpriced Germanhipe when we have the BEST made right here in the USA for a lot less money and the best warranty in the optics industry.

Quick Reply: I have one word to say.....Leupold!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.