Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 VX2 or Monarch UCC >

VX2 or Monarch UCC

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

VX2 or Monarch UCC

Old 03-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default VX2 or Monarch UCC

Between these two scopes which one would you choose and why? Thanks! Mike

Leupold VX2 3X9X50
Nikon Monarch UCC 3.5x10x50
Old 03-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: VX2 or Monarch UCC

Nikon Monarch. I just like the Nikon line more and Nikon seems to be clearer and not near as expensive. Just my two cents...
Old 03-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

you can also read more comparisons between Nikon and Leopould here ---> http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2051951
Old 03-29-2007, 12:49 PM

Quoted from another thread.....................

I have that same scope in silver... It is super. I love it. But what are you calling a deal? I bought mine last year , and paid less for a new scope from www.theopticzone.com than some people pay for one that is a " deal ". Now if you are talking 200.00 or less, and it is like new, jump on it. but for a little more, you can buy brand new.

Nikon buckmaster is better quality in optics and internal mechanisms than the leupold vxi or vxii. The Leupold for instance uses a pressure system to hold the adjustments for windage and elevation on their scopes. Nikon uses a very reliable click system. The Nikon uses better glass and is less expensive. The light transmission in the Nikon buckmaster is 90%. The leupoldsare in the low to mid-upper 80's between the vxi and vxii.

All this makes it a no brainer.....The Nikon everytime. But before you buy, go to www.theopticzone.com and look at the prices for the NEW nikon line up, coming out soon, in the Monarch line. They are based on a 4x ratio, such as 4x16, 5x20, 6x24, 3x12...... with side focus adj. for parallax, andGREAT pricing. I will be ordering the 5x20 as soon as they are available. B.T.W. The Monarch line has a light transmission of 95 %. These scopes should set the optics world on it's ear, but shop around for prices. The web site shown above is around 100.00 cheaper for the same scopes in this coming Nikon line than other sites.

God Bless

Michael
Old 03-29-2007, 03:52 PM

I own both scopes, you cant go wrong with either one.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Either should work well, do some side by sides and pick which ever you like the best.

In the USA the Monarchs appear to be cheaper and as suchlikely the better bang for your buck, as long as your eye agrees! Up here Nikons are not real popular and prices between these 2 arepretty close.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:10 PM

The Monarch is even better that the Leupold VXIII,
Old 03-30-2007, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

The VX-III and Monarchs are alot closer in quality, Definitely the Monarch over the II's.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:03 PM
bigcountry

Goodness, I couldn't say, I own them both, and I can't tell the difference in clearness. As far as one post saying VXII was pressure instead of click, thats dead wrong. I will say I don't like Nikon's customer service as much as Leupold. I have a qeustion into them now on thier BDC and no word back after a week.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leupold have the best customer service in the business. As for VXII being pressure fits thats wrong. The older VARIX II were, the new generation VX II are 1/4" clicks. You might want to also look at some specs like eye relief when comparing both.

Quick Reply: VX2 or Monarch UCC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.