Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Simmons Follow Up, Don't Waste Your Money! >

Simmons Follow Up, Don't Waste Your Money!

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Simmons Follow Up, Don't Waste Your Money!

Old 04-23-2007, 02:18 PM

Default RE: Simmons Follow Up, Don't Waste Your Money!

Time to simply switch to a different make and scope.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:32 AM

I have two Simmons scopes. Both were bought for limited use and because they were cheap. After using them, I don't feel they were cheap enough.

One is a 3x9 and the other a 6x24. Neither have clear glass when used in the real world. The 3x9 is not clear beyond 75 yards or so. The 6x24 loses clarity once you hit about 14 power.

Again I bought them because they were cheap but I have had otherscopes in the same price range that put Simmons to shame. Tasco and Bushnellscopesare justas inexpensive as Simmons but have much better glass.

I have had items that I needed to return because of defect/quality before from the various companies of which Simmons is a part. Customer service has always been horrible with either no response or extremely slow response. I should have remembered that before buying any more of their products.

Craig

Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 PM

I had a Simmons 44 Mag scope on my .300 wm that lasted about 11 yrs before it just wouldn't focus any more, I shot at least 30 boxes of shells with it and it was punished pretty good. I also have a Aetec Masterpiece 4-14 on a .270 wsm and LOVE it. It is just as clear and precise as any of my Leupold scopes.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

After more than two months, I had given up on Simmons. I figured I had just lost another ten dollars on shipping! Well they finally delivered. They did not repair my old model Aetec, they sent me a brand new Master Series Aetec. It sighted in very quickly, and I shot some very good groups with it. I have not tried it in low light yet but it is very clear.
How long will it last is the question! I figured I should have got more than five years out of the original Aetec, and to be honest, I still won't buy another Simmons, but this one seems to be a good scope! Time will tell.