HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Optics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics-85/)
-   -   burris fullfield (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics/172410-burris-fullfield.html)

REM7MMAG 12-28-2006 10:59 PM

burris fullfield

i recently got a new burris 4.5 x 14 fullfield the one that u get the spooting scope wiht the purchase of rifle scope i havent yet mounted it but was very impresed wiht the ballsitc table for the bdc reticle tells u wich reticle for what yardage for a certain grain bullet im sure that ball park but probly close enuff for a avergae hunter the scopes seems clear all the way from center 2 edges im used 2 leupolds looki trough it in the day time i see no big diffrence but off couse low light is were one can make or break quality. has anyone used one of these or owned one and how were your experiances wiht this scope any relpys would be great

Ripstop 12-29-2006 01:01 PM

RE: burris fullfield

I have one mounted on a Mod 70 in 7mm WSM. Haven't shot it past 100 yards so I can't vouch for the BDC. As far as low light I shot a mule deer this past season with less than 10 minutes of legal shooting timeleft. Had no problem with placing the cross hair where it belonged.

seattlesetters 12-29-2006 01:07 PM

Great scope for the money. Better than the Leupold VX-II, that's for sure.

Great purchase!

Justice4all 01-05-2007 05:20 PM

There is no doubt these are great scopes. I had one for a while and it must have been a lemon. I could not get repeatable adjustments, it had an oval shaped view, and small spot of debris in one of the internal lenses. I ended up getting it repaired under warranty, but it still never worked right. I ended up selling it.

I also had a Black Diamond 3-12x50 that was a monster of a scope. The Burris Diamond scopes are awesome optically, but they are heavy and it didn't quite fit on the rifle I wanted to use it on. I sold it too.

For the most part I was pleased with Burris and their customer service. I would consider Burris again.

okgobbler 01-23-2007 08:40 AM

I have 3 fullfield II"s. A 3-9 on a 243. A 4.5-14on a 6mm-06. Another 3-9 that will go my 35 Whelen when I finish it. Very pleased

CBM SC 01-23-2007 11:15 AM

I had a Fullfield2.5x10x50 about 6-7 years ago and my experience was poor in low light and the adjustments do not "click" so it is hard to sight in !! [:'(]

My last Burris purchase !!

retrieverman 01-23-2007 12:29 PM

Some love them, and some hate them. I am a hater. I have owned several fullfields, Signatures, and even a Black diamond, and I will never own a Burris again. The Black Diamond was definitely the best that I had, but my eyes did not like them. I thought it might have been just me (but I have heard from others that have had the same problem), but I could not get the paralax right for my eyes. Good luck with your though.