Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Need a scope for my black powder? >

Need a scope for my black powder?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Need a scope for my black powder?

Old 12-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Spike

Default Need a scope for my black powder?

Merry Christmas Y'all
Santa brought me a new Knight Vision 50cal
What type scope should I buy?
Old 12-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Need a scope for my black powder?

Budget?
Old 12-25-2006, 07:07 PM

For this type of gun, the shot distance is somewhat limited, so I would go with a quality , but not very expensive , 3x9x40 scope.

The first name that comes to mind and is about the only one I could honestly recommend is the Nikon Prostaff. These scopes are very hard to beat for the money.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:12 AM

The Milatary uses the Super Sniper on a lot of the 50cal's. I have also see one mounted on a 40mm. It is a fixed scope though that is why it works so well.

I love them i had one for a long time but someone did not like it so much and shot it with a .22 good thing i know how it was. Took there gun and though it into the furnace i use when i do metal working lets just say it shoots to the right now.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Spike

No budget
Old 12-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

bushnell trophy 3x 9 x40 with the circle x for under 100$ for 200$ i like leupold 2x7x33 legendary warranty great eye relief.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

The first name that comes to mind and is about the only one I could honestly recommend is the Nikon Prostaff. These scopes are very hard to beat for the money.
I agree.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

For black powder rifles I like the nikon omega scopes. The eye relief is great.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't understand why anyone would think that a Muzzleloader would need anything less than the absolute finest optics you could afford. Also, you certainly wouldn't condier todays top in-line rifles "short range" weapons with shooting ranges of 150 to 225 yards becoming common place these days with the correct loads. In the mid price range than I have become a fan of the nikon Monarch series which is what I have on my T/C Omega. Now, of you can allow yourself to put the best of the best then by all means may I suggest the elite in todays scope, the Swaroski line is simply amazing! I put a Swaro ona T/C Encore Pro Hunter and it's the most impressive package I've ever experienced! It is true, you honestly do get what you pay for and the Swaro optic proves it in my humble opinion.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Beretta686

Merry Christmas Y'all
Santa brought me a new Knight Vision 50cal
What type scope should I buy?
What's the maximum powder grains you will use? Some scopes are built for 150 grains. Some scopes can withstand the recoil with adequate eye relief.

One that will withstand both is the Sightron SII. Ultout.com sells the 3-9X40 for $186.

Quick Reply: Need a scope for my black powder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.