Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Leupold Quick Release Rings & Base question >

Leupold Quick Release Rings & Base question

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leupold Quick Release Rings & Base question

Old 12-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Leupold Quick Release Rings & Base question

I just bought a new Abolt .300 WSM Stainless Steeland need to mount my silver VX-II 3x9. I have a set of Leupold QR (quick release)rings in silver as I had this scope on my omega muzzle loader. I'm wondering if the QR base is robust enough for the heavy hit of the .300wsm. I only removed the scope a few times from my omega and it returned to zero very well. I WILL NOT REMOVEAND REINSTALL W/OSHOOTING. I just like the idea of being able toremove the scope w/ the quick release bases. I'd prefer the have the QRW base with the PRW rings but they don't make the PRW in silver. Was thinking of QRW rings and baseis a like the weaver design a little better, but I alreadyhave a $50 setofQR ringsthe will work: ( What are you guys thoughts onquick release rings... do they hold up to shot after shot if you never remove them? THANKS for the input.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leupold Quick Release Rings & Base question

I have a set of Leupold QR for my T/C Encore that’s chambered for the 350 Rem. Mag. Not that the 350 is heavy recoil but never really had any problems with them. I also like the QR system with the option of removing the scope for cleaning. Works very well...
Old 12-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

While a ML doesn't always feel that bad on the shoulder they are scope beaters. I have seen more failed scopes on top of inlines then CF. I can't see them being a weak link as I have 1 set of QR's and 2 Detachable Warnes on smokepoles myself. I'd have no problems putting them on a CF.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:42 PM

I have a set of Warne QR's on my lightweight Savage .375 H&H and a friend has a set of the Leupold QR's on his A-Bolt .375 H&H. Both brands perform well. I didn't believe the claim of returning to zero, but I have done it several times to test the claim. Both sets do return to zero. I am impressed.