HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Optics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics-85/)
-   -   Cabelas Euro? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics/166826-cabelas-euro.html)

elkbane 11-25-2006 05:54 PM

Cabelas Euro?

Has anyone tried the Euro from Cabelas? On the website, it says that Cabelas teamed up with a European manufacturer to make this new product. Does anyone know which company this is, or is that supposed to be a big secret? If these binos were essentially Swaros with a Cabelas label and an $800 price tag, I think they would definately be worth checking out. I don't have a Cableas anywhere near though, so I can't try them out for myself. Any comments / opinions would be appreciated.

okcmco 11-26-2006 04:53 PM

RE: Cabelas Euro?

I have checked out the Cabela's Ero Binoculars. They are top drawer quality. They are made in Czech Republic by Meopta. Meopta has been on bis since well before WWII and are known for high quality optics including Camera lenses, enlargers, medical optical equipment, spotting scopes and most recently, scopes and binos.
The view is the closest thing to the big 3 (Leica, Swarovski, Zeiss) you can get without spending 1300 to 1800 bucks. I was blown away by the clarity and brightness. Ergonomics are good and Meopta is known for build quality. The only thing I have against the Cabela's Euros is that they have rather short eye relief (16 or 17MM I think) so I can't use them withmy glasses on. I need the meopta 8x42 which have 20mm of eye relief, or I would have already bought the Cabela's

patchnball 11-26-2006 06:54 PM

Absolutely great bino's. Bought a pair this fall. Have been to colorado and whitetail deer hunting in the east. The screw down eyecups make them great for glasses or without. I use my glasses and screw the eyecups down. Compared them with the top of the line bino's at Cabelas before purchase. Could not justify the additional $800.00 or more dollars for the others. Great bino's.

PABowhntr 12-02-2006 06:56 PM

I would agree with Okmco's evaluation of the Cabelas' Euro bins. I have the 8x42 Meostar and must say that, in my experience, only the "elite 3", and maybe the Nikon Venturer, would beat them in terms of overall optical quality. When you factor in price though I would say that the Meostar comes out as the winner. To further clarify.....

...the Meostars are a hint brighter than the Leica Trinovids with better edge clarity compared to the Zeiss FLs. They also have a larger apparent field of view than any of their competition at 8x and an equal level compared to the Zeiss, Leica and Swaro models.

In my opinion, you really cannot go wrong with the Meopta Meostars.

elkbane 12-06-2006 03:04 PM

Wow, sounds like a good product for the money. Thanks for the input, guys.

PABowhntr 12-07-2006 06:43 AM

Wow, sounds like a good product for the money. Thanks for the input, guys.
I believe I also saw that the 10x42 Euro is on sale before Christmas for $699.