Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 scope for a turkey gun! >

scope for a turkey gun!

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

scope for a turkey gun!

Old 10-28-2006, 05:23 AM
Spike

Default scope for a turkey gun!

hey all the wife got me a browning nwtf 3 1/2" gold hunter for an anniversary present and i was thinking about a scope for it . i am a leupold fan but really am looking at the nikon turkey pro. is nikon a tough scope and do they have a good warranty? anyone have good or bad luck with nikon optics??
Old 10-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: scope for a turkey gun!

I have Nikon scopes on every rifle I own. I don't believe dolllar for dollar you can get a better quality scope. I have five different Nikon's from a 1x blackpowder scope to a 4.5-14x and all are of excellent construction and clarity. I have used some for over 15 years and never had an issue with any. I have heard they have a lifetime unconditional warranty, but they are a little slow in the turnaround. Leupold makes a great scope no doubt, but you are paying a lot more $ for nota whole lot more scope IMO.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: scope for a turkey gun!

Leupold makes a great scope no doubt, but you are paying a lot more $ for nota whole lot more scope IMO.
Actually, in this case Leupold's shotgun scopes are considerably cheaper than the Nikons. I picked up a Leupold 1x4 for my turkey gun last year and it was about $70 less. It does have a heavy duplex reticle instead of the diamond but it certainly isbad news for gobblers. Another thing to consider is that the Nikon doesnt have the eye relief that the Leupold's have.