Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 SIMMONS SCOPES >

SIMMONS SCOPES

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

SIMMONS SCOPES

Old 10-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SIMMONS SCOPES

TRIPLE :ITS GOING ON MY 06 SINGLE SHOT MY LOADS ARE MIDRANGE 2450FPS
Old 11-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Aetecs are top notch scopes. The Whitetail ex. was a good one The cheaper variables, I would stay away from.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

I have a simmon's on my mod70 243 wssm. It came with it. No probs after 2 years. I have a 44mag on a REM 597 that's a guessing game. It don't take kindly to riding in a truck.
Don't know much about the rest of the line, but seems good scopes these days cost as much as good rifles
Old 11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Something to remember. Meade has bought out Redfield, Weaver and Simmons scopes and will market the three as their top, middle and bottom class scope. Meade doesn't have the best reputation.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

One thimg I don't like about the simmons on my 243 is the crosshair is too big. I tried looking at adeer across a bean field about 400 yds and seemed like the hair covered half of him up

Brad
Old 11-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I was a big fan of the Aetec! Note, WAS!
I had a 4 year old "baybied" Aetec, never dropped, never even bumped! It went south on me openning weekend. Luckily, I figured that it was bad BEFORE trying a shot on a deer! It did cause me to alter my hunting plans though!
No more Simmons or Trashco's for me! I see a new Luepy, or Conquest in my future! I guarantee you, that rifle will sit in the cabinet until I can put good glass on it!
Old 11-13-2006, 06:48 PM

The last scope I had to change out was a Lepold vxIII and put a Nikon in it's place. They all can go bad. The 44mag Simmons scopes are pretty bad but mostof their others seem to be well made. A close friend of mine has a .50 target rifle and he told me that two Lepolds had came apart on him, and now he has his spare which is and old Tasco and several hundred rounds havn't hurt it so far.I don't mind paying for quality, but I do mind paying for a name.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Typical Buck

I have also a old tasco silverantlered this scope has been on everything from a 6MM to a 7MMag: rifle still works excellent has to be 25 years old
Old 11-16-2006, 07:15 PM

My 44 mqag was not a good scope. The scope hit on different points of impact at different power settings. The master series seems like a good deal. If I were going to buy an older simmons it would be the aetec. But the new aetec in the master series seems like alot of scope for the money
Old 11-18-2006, 12:25 PM

I'll take my simmons over a leupold, nikon, zeiss, or swarovskiany day and yes I have all but a swarovski and my cuz has one of them that I don't like. The old simmons deerhunter, and Aetecs are great and I never had a problem with the 44 mag. All great scopes IMO.

Quick Reply: SIMMONS SCOPES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.