Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Vortex Bino's >

Vortex Bino's

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Vortex Bino's

Old 10-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Vortex Bino's

Today I went and bought a doe decoy and also purchased a new set of Bino's . i bought the Vortex Sidewinder's in 10X42 . Has anyone used this product and what do you know or think about them?

I don't pick them up till tomorrow since he didn't have whatI wanted on hand ,but called me 1/2 hr later and told me thathe would have them there for the weekend .The reasonI bought them was my good friend TerryM bought the Viper's and said that these Bino's are awsome ,so taking his word for itI ordered a pair, and TerryM will be picking them up for me today.

But I'd still like to hear what everyone else has to say about them.

nubo
Old 10-13-2006, 07:03 PM

Default RE: Vortex Bino's

I have not seen them but I have been told they are great. A really good deal for the money. I went to the web site for a looksee, and liked the prices and the models shown. It would seem that they are hitting the right power range with nice objective diameter. If I was buying a set today, I would definitely buy them and give them a shot.

Good luck with them.....Give us the lowdown after you get them.

God Bless

Old 10-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

I bought a pair of 8X42 Sidewinders a month or so ago and have been using them afield for the last two weeks. Very, VERY nice for the money. The lens covers don't stay on real well and there is a very slight amount of washout at the edges of the view, but they are very minor concerns; you won't be sorry you bought them, especially with the warranty they offer. They are very crisp in low light as well. They are the perfect everyday hunting glass IMO.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Snoodslapper!

Your absolutey right about the Sidewinder's ,I got them yesterday and have used them for 2 day's now .I love them, definately a very cheap price for a bino of this quality. Just awsome

nubo
Old 10-15-2006, 11:58 PM

I also bought a pair of the Sidewinders 8 X 42 and they are awesome! I have to agree that the covers don't stay on to good, but that to me is a minor concern. Ease of use and clarity is great.

Tom
Old 10-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Absolutely Tom ,i am really ,really impressed with mine .

nubo