HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/official-ibo-net-forum-3-d-shooting-24/)
-   -   How to get started? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/official-ibo-net-forum-3-d-shooting/65138-how-get-started.html)

BT 07-03-2004 01:29 AM

How to get started?

this is a simple ? but around here you realy can not find that much info out.

My ciousion has been shotting the local terminets in 3 differnt clubs.

the one that has had IBO @ ASA qulifer shoots is the worst club.

he has shot the qulifers placed 1 in one 2 in one 3 @ 4 two shots for each qulifer.

but he has not heard if his shooting was good enought to be qulifed.

he wants to try some of the terminets next year where does he need to look for info and what does he need to do?

thanks

butchb 07-03-2004 04:23 PM

RE: How to get started?

THE BEST INFO FOR THE IBO IS TO CHECK OUT THIER WEBSITE AT
www.ibo.net THE SCHEDULE FOR NEXT YEAR MAY NOT BE THERE YET BUT IS USUALLY POSTED SOMETIME AROUND AUGUST/SEPTEMBER. YOU CAN ALSO FIND INFO ON SCORES AND QUALIFIERS THERE. AS FAR AS QUALIFYING RESULTS, YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE CLUB THAT HOSTED THE SHOOT. HOPE THIS HELPS, BUTCHB

BT 07-04-2004 12:29 AM

Thanks i will tell him.

The club that host the shots are in the best terms not helpfull.
out of the 3 some what local clubs 'the closist one is 25 miles away the other 2 are pushing 60miles" they are the newest and worst.

from what i have sean they are more in it for making money than shooting.
at the last shoot they changed the prize from 1,2 and 3er
to just first.
no big deal realy but they changed after the shoot.
so i dont know how much longer they will be here.

hoytshooter1977 07-05-2004 08:13 PM

This may not be a 100% accurate reply but I think that it will help you a little. I have shot in all three legs of the Southern Triple Crown and loved every one of them! Not only did I meet a lot of great people at these shoots but some good local club shooters as well. I was told that the top 20 scores from each leg would be qualified for the world shoot. I was very lucky to qualify at the first leg in Wetumpka, Alabama. I have also shot in a world qualifier in Wilsonville, Alabama and won the class that I shot in there. My suggestion to you would be to tell him that if he paid the $30.00 entry fee to shoot in an IBO world qualifier to contact the hosting club and ask for the invitation. If they do not give you a satisfactory response from them, then contact the administrators at www.ibo.net and ask judy or ken what you should do about it. They are really great about working with shooters and should be able to help you with this. Good luck!

LadyRobinHood 07-05-2004 08:38 PM

Hoytshooter is correct about the top 20 scores. But, I would like to emphasize that it's the top 20 scores; not the top 20 shooters. I know a lot of people who count down 20 names not realizing that it's the top 20 scores. You could have 35 people qualify with the top 20 scores. Just wanted to emphasize this point since some people who know it's the top 20 scores, don't actually figure it out correctly. They're suprised when they get their qualifier in the mail. So, if your one of the top 20 scores, you qualified. Good Luck! Robin