Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Tourny Info please/youngns look out! >

Tourny Info please/youngns look out!

Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Tourny Info please/youngns look out!

Old 06-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tourny Info please/youngns look out!

I have not shot an arrow at a 3-D target since the early 80s except in my yard. In the 70s & early 80s I posted pretty good-Perfect field, indoor 300s, animal rounds & back then 3-d was in it's infancy. I will be 63 this fall & need to know where to sign up so I can put some of these New boys on the block in their place (haha)-I shoot 4 pins (NOW)-a 60# 75% letoff & release.
What class do I go in?Who do I contact? I live in Iowa right on the Ill./Iowa Border.
Be gentle on me-I am starting my 48th year of Bowhunting as in a article in National Bowhunter magazine just published.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:41 PM

Default RE: Tourny Info please/youngns look out!

HELLO AND WELCOME ABOARD,
FIRST OF ALL IS YOUR CLASS, SOUNDS LIKE YOU WOULD BE IN HUNTER OR MBR, ALSO I THINK YOU ARE CAPABLE OF SHOOTING IN A SENIOR CLASS--BUT I REALLY DONT KNOW A WHOLE LOT ABOUT THOSE. THE HUNTER CLASS--YOU HAVE TO HAVE FOUR INCH FLETCHING (MINIMUM), SCREW IN TIPS, STABILIZER NO LONGER THAN 12 INCHES FROM THE RISER AND NON ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS (PINS) WITH NO MORE THAN FOUR--THE MAX YARDAGE IS 35 YARDS. IN MBR ANY FLETCHING, ANY NUMBER OF PINS (I THINK) WITH SCREW IN TIPS (I THINK AGAIN) WITH NO RESTRICTION ON STABILIZER---MAX YARDAGE IS 45 YARDS. SO I THINK IT COMES DOWN TO WHAT YARDAGE YOUR COMFORTABLE WITH. YOU CAN FIND MORE INFORMATION ON CLASS'S, RULES, SHOOTS, MEMBERSHIPS, AND SCHEDULES AT THE IBO WEBPAGE ALONG WITH CONTACT NUMBERS SO YOU CAN CALL THEM AND THEY ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS, THAT SITE IS WWW.IBO.NET

HOPE THIS HELPS BUTCHB.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tourny Info please/youngns look out!

Thanks for the information. I will check it all out. In the "OLD" days you could qualify in more than 1 division-I assume you can do the same now.
I was used to shooting much longer yardages-how it's changed.
This is a 41 yard shot on a live 3-D Buffalo this past March-thats how I started my 48th year of Bowhunting & the title of the story in National Bowhunter magazine. Thanks again.