Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 What about a senior pin class? >

What about a senior pin class?

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

What about a senior pin class?

Old 07-03-2004, 06:37 PM

Default RE: What about a senior pin class?

pdq 5oh I too will be at Nelsonville and Snowshoe and would be willing to poll shooters after I'm finished shooting both days. Maybe we can set something up with BowPro to get his input as what needs to be done. I'm getting positive feedback from everyone I talk to and the regular hunter class guys I talk to, like the idea also. PM me if this sounds OK and maybe we can set something up. rcher
Old 07-04-2004, 08:42 AM

i think it would be a good idea for a new class the hunter class is so big maybe by doing something like this we could spread out the field alittle and make it more fun for everybody and i also think bow pro is right dont try to change all the rules for the class just get it started first
Old 07-04-2004, 09:01 AM

I haven't shot worlds in afew years but still shoot some qualifiers. I think this is a good idea and would be interested. I shoot ASA in senior open but used to shoot pins in both org. Having someone in their 50's or older competing against the young guys doesn't seem real fair to me ?
Old 07-04-2004, 10:42 AM

BowPro I'll be arriving at Nelsonville Thursday afternoon or evening sometime, if you want me to, I'll try to see you about this proposed class and what needs to be done to see it happen. Thanks for your direction. rcher
Old 07-04-2004, 09:22 PM

SHC, YES that sounds great . I'm not hardly 50 yet but the young guys are sure making it hard for me to stay near the top shooters in our club. It should help the entries a lot.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:51 PM

I presently shoot ASA senior open and can go to only so many shoots. I will switch to IBO for 2005 if there is a senior pins class.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:52 PM

Come on seniors lets hear it! I really want to see this class happen!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:26 AM

I think it's about time for this class. It's pretty hard to compete against scope shooters using pins regardless what class you shoot in. It's a possitive move for the IBO with all the 50+ pin shooters in archery. Jerry
Old 07-10-2004, 07:43 PM

BowPro, Glad to me you face to face today and discuss this idea. I fully agree with you that it takes the membership to respond and the state reps to support a senior hunter class. I just hope we can accomplish this change and give the seniors an oportunity to compete in there own format with their own peers. Thanks again for your time and attension. rcher
Old 07-11-2004, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a 52 year old geezer who shoots pins, I would like to see a class like this. It would encourage me to participate more fully in IBO shoots.

Quick Reply: What about a senior pin class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.