Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 What do we need to do to get more money? >

What do we need to do to get more money?

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

What do we need to do to get more money?

Old 04-22-2004, 11:44 AM

Default RE: What do we need to do to get more money?

Point well made!!! Sometimes the truth hurts
Old 04-22-2004, 12:30 PM

hunt2much, straight and to the point for sure, and you are right.....i look at 3-d as an expensive hobby, if i wanted more money, i would get a part time job or even a better paying job to support my habit....can you get disability for an archery addiction?????
Old 04-22-2004, 06:21 PM

That is a great idea, here in NY one might be able to get paid for disability
Old 04-24-2004, 11:38 AM

i have given this much thought, and the archery addiction idea has a little merit, i will call the disability office on monday and see if i can file........i might even get a parking pass so i dont have to walk so far to the walmart.........

on a serious note, anyone who feels they need more money needs to go ahead and turn pro now, at the earliest chance.....before bedford......here is my thought on this one, put your seatbelts on,

lets just say the crooked fiber sight company donates $50,000.00 per shoot and wants a great return on that investment, who do you think will shoot for the loot? not the amatures, so go ahead and make the jump now, and get used to shooting for the big dollars.......when it filnally does happen, and i truly wish it would, you will be quite compfortatble shooting with the big dawgs....no wait, then there will be the argument that the ibo is keeping 49,500 of that money to pay for lear jet trips to the triple crown, and that ken is hunting the bears at snowshoe that tore up the targets, or maybe the ibo is chartering a fishing boat next year at pensacola, and the entire ibo staff is getting hummer H2 to ride around the ranges on........naw,,,,,,too farfetched. maybe they will continue doing what they are doing and work extremely hard to make our shooting experiences as good as they possibly can, minus the weather.......i cant believe i went there, ken is spending the money on the ibo weather radar diversion transducer. this new device will stop all inclement weather from traveling within 100 nautical miles of an ibo event.....and in the basement at kens house he is trying to develope a bug killer tolerent strain of no see ums and mosquitos for the entire ibo shoot schedule, not just erie. imagine, an imported swamp at nelsonville, complete with the little flying critters.......naw, too farfetched again, im convinced that ken, and the ibo staff are actually working for us to provide a place to shoot....
Old 04-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Fork Horn

AMEN!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:21 AM

That weather thing is a work in progress! I'm gonna make millions!

It ain's H2's, they are the original hummers. I wanted the diesel/allison combination in mine. So of course all the directors and state reps had to have their choices.
You guys are going to make me blush.
Do make sure if and when you are shopping for a 4-wheeler you look hard and give strong consideration to a Suzuki.

Thanks,
ken12
Old 04-26-2004, 04:48 PM

KEN, EXACTLY WHAT ARE YOU SAYING IN YOUR LAST SENTENCE? IF I MAY INFER, I THINK THAT WOULD BE JUST GREAT IF THAT HAPPENS, KEEP US POSTED. OH, I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO SHOOT AT BEDFORD OR ERIE THIS YEAR ----- NEW HOUSE, LARGE YARD, NEW FOUR WHEELER, TURKEY SEASON, AND A THOUSAND OTHER THINGS TO KEEP MY TIME OCCUPIED, I JUST CANT SEE IT (PLUS--MY SHOOTING SUCKS RIGHT NOW WITH NO PRACTICE), BUT HOPE EVERYONE HAS A BALL. I WILL MISS SEEING MY CAMPING BUDDIES, BUT I WILL SEE YOU IN NELSONVILLE, HELL, I MAY EVEN BUY LUNCH--THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT.
BUTCHB
Old 04-27-2004, 09:17 PM

I saw Suzuki on the back of the score cards at Gem City this past weekend. Does that mean there are going to be a full time sponser?