Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Question for Archery club Members >

Question for Archery club Members

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Question for Archery club Members

Old 03-20-2004, 10:00 AM

Default Question for Archery club Members

We have had disscussion about how to have Club shoots not open shoots but for the club members only because of us belonging to a council every sunday is booked with a different club holding the open shoot. How do your clubs hold those type of events without stepping on another clubs event? Seems to me if you never have anything for your member to do at your club you will lose them. but if you set a club event it will keep the other clubs from getting our particapation. Thanks for your time.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:21 PM

Default RE: Question for Archery club Members

by your being a member of a council, i am assuming you do a rotation with several other clubs. if those clubs shoot on sunday, just have your club function on saturday, or if it is your turn to shoot, have something for your club on the saturday prior to the shoot. we used to have family days at the end of the season, and a family and club member cookout half way thru the year, but always invited all to attend.

you are right about your club members. not all of them want to travel, and enjoy just being at the club. fun shoots are great for them, and like i said, having something for them definately keeps them happy.......
Old 03-21-2004, 08:02 PM

with low turn outs lately i would think everyone would be welcome.
most of the shoots i attend are begging folkes to show up. anytime.
maby you dont have that problem?,,,,,,,,, phil
Old 03-22-2004, 08:39 PM

I remember back 15 to 20 years ago clubs would have members there at there club all the time. and if you wanted to shoot a round in the woods there would be a group of you shooting on a weds night. nowadays your lucky to see 2 members at athe club in 2 weeks. I used to shoot smoker rounds and super shoots but now they are all afraid to shoot at a target if there is a twig in the way. what ever happen to those days? []
Old 03-23-2004, 01:30 PM

i think the cost of arrows these days is a little prohibitive of a true smoker shoot. most people shoot carbon arrows, most costing upwards of 15 dollars a shaft made up.

i know what you mean about shooter numbers. we used to have 90 club members in the mid 1990"s. our club moved 11 miles from the old location and membership dropped to 2. we used to have a range in town and very accessable to shooters. 11 miles on a country road cured them of shooting.....lol

clubs around here are only getting about 65 shooters, where they used to get 125 this time of year. people are just too busy according to them.

we would have as many as 15 people on the practice range on a wed night. just shooting and goofing off. there were times we would all bring a target from home and have a mini shoot, but that all stopped when we moved.

at our local bow shop i ask at least one person every week to attend a shoot. the general response is " your too good and i cant beat you" they do not understand the hunter class and they dont have to shoot against open shooters. i would try to have a bowhunter day for the entire community and see if you can get some folks out that way. we no longer have our club or range. i, like you, miss the old days.....