Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 SANDBAGGING  OUT OF CONTROLE >

SANDBAGGING OUT OF CONTROLE

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

SANDBAGGING OUT OF CONTROLE

Old 03-10-2004, 07:34 PM

Default RE: SANDBAGGING OUT OF CONTROLE

I shot in the HC in Wetumpka, and I shot with the gentleman that won the class. He shot a great score and I enjoyed shooting with him. He beat my score by a good margin and I am only more determined to bring my shooting ability up a few notches to compete against him in Rome. He not only shot well but he took the time out between shots to help my wife and myself with advice and tips as this was our first time ever shooting in IBO. This was my wifes first tournament ever, and he made us feel at home and relaxed as we shot the course. He might be
a former pro or whatever, I do not know. He was in my opinion a great asset to our sport. If he had wanted to, he could have just worked on his shooting and left us to fend for our selves. He took the time to put us at ease and make us enjoy the shoot. I met Ken on the trail as told of in an earlier post walking and talking with some first time shooter's. I must say that my first experience with IBO was a very good one and I will be back. I have shot in many local tournaments in Florida and Alabama and you will never please everyone no matter how hard you try. There is only one "winner" at the end of the day. Does that make the rest of us "losers"? I don't think so. I met so many great and friendly people and hopefully made a few new friends along the way. THANKS to all of the folks at IBO and Bennett's and to all of the volunteers that worked so hard to make this shoot in my opionion, a success. I hope that I have learned some things to help me set up our local shoots here in south Alabama and make them as challening as this one was....
Old 03-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Spike

Wow,
This sure is a hot topic! I shot at Wetumpka in my first ever IBO. I wasn't worried about how anybody else shot, as I am just trying to become a better bowhunter (took off the broadheads and screwed on field points). After reading all of these posts though, I strongly believe that it is definitely not honorable for a pro or a semi-pro shooter to ever drop back to amateur status. Even allowing for age or injury, once a pro-then a pro you are. There is a class for older shooters, and if a pro or semi-pro can no longer compete with their contemporaries then perhaps there should be a class "former-pro" of some sorts. Yes, we all learn from shooting with better shooters and I relish the opportunity, however if we are to maintain the spirit of the sport, the pros should move on and stay moved on, not move back because they can't compete anymore and beat up on the new guys to feel good about themselves. Let's move on to the next level and compete for the betterment of ourselves, not by beating others, but by actually improving ourselves. If you drop down a class for the sake of a ranking at the expense of your honor: SHAME on you, you know it, we know it and your victory is hollow!
Old 03-12-2004, 05:07 AM

Most of the people that are shooting are only going score what they are scoring now. It does not matter what. The differance between semi-pro and MBO is about a $100.00 in entry fee. So does that mean the the top five shooter in the mbo are going to be moved up wants they are at a certain average score. The next question is are you willing to move up wants you hit that spot? Do you know what it takes to stay at that level or the money it takes to support it. If you shoot a 400 plus score in the HC class are you going to move up? When you do move up are going to feel the guy's shooting a better score than you should bee moved up just so you can win or are you going to advance your own ability.

Why don't people worry about doing what it takes for them to shot they'er best and beat they'er last score and not worry about getting rid of enough people in they'er class to win?

With love hugs and kisses and all that diversity and can't we all get along as long as I win BS. Besides you shot the arrows 5 ring I didn't.

DID YOU GUY'S FIND MY ARROW?

Doug Girt