Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Need an extra day for IBO World >

Need an extra day for IBO World

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Need an extra day for IBO World

Old 02-12-2004, 11:00 AM

Default RE: Need an extra day for IBO World

Now let's see? An extra nights stay and 2 or 3 more meals at inflated prices X the number of people in your family = ????$$$$. I am not surprised in the least that Snow Shoe is all for it!!! Like I have said before, move to a better location and I will be back!
Old 02-13-2004, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Well, here's my input. As far as lodging, the 4th night is free. Meals, although the restaurants are very expensive, over half of the rooms have kitchens. The food is relatively inexpensive when you bring your own. As far as having the extra day on Monday as the shoot off... only about 10% of the people make the shoot off..... so 90% of the people won't have to call off work on Monday. Not the great numbers some are talking about. If I had a chance to be in the shoot off, taking off work would not be a problem. But, as it stands now, if money is tight (as it is for many) you could leave on Friday after you shoot if your not in the shootoff. Different location? The IBO has said many times, it is willing to go anywhere. There are certain logistics involved with such a large number of people. Nobody else is willing to step up to the plate. If you know of any, pass them along. They will be investigated. But, remember the IBO is still locked into a contract for 2 more years. As far as the fiasco of last year..... I was ticked off. Very ticked off. Still am. But, after all the discussion back and forth, I will make it back one more time. It sounds like the IBO is trying to make alternate plans (which should have been done two years ago). On the other hand, if they screw things up as bad again, I will not be back.
Just my thoughts.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:55 PM

IMN23D Agree with everything you said! Will be there this year trying again! rcher
Old 02-13-2004, 05:49 PM

I DO AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN ALTERNATE PLAN IN PLACE, I HAVE ONLY BEEN THE PAST 2 YEARS AND LOVED IT. THE DEAL WITH LAST YEAR IS WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE NOW. I STILL BELIEVE THAT WE ALL UNDERSTAND WHY THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT DAY BY WHOM-EVER THAT RESPONSIBILITY FELL UPON. STILL YET, IT APPEARS THAT PROGRESS IS BEING MADE AND THE EFFORT IS PUT FORTH TO AVOID ANY FURTHER DISTURBANCES. AS FAR AS MOVING THE SHOOT, I COULD REALLY CARE LESS. I LIKE SNOWSHOE FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT EVERYTHING IS RIGHT THERE. I REALLY DO NOT KNOW OF ANYWHERE ELSE THAT HAS THE AMENITIES THAT SNOWSHOE OFFERS AND WOULD BE CAPABLE OF HOSTING THE EVENT WITHOUT THE PARTICIPANTS HAVING TO DRIVE 50 MILES TO GET THERE (YOU HAVE TO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THAT THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF HOTELS OUT IN THE STICKS WHERE THE SHOOT WOULD BE HELD). YEAH, THE TERRAIN THERE IS BIT ROUGH IN SPOTS (OK, PRETTY BAD IN SPOTS), BUT AT LEAST WE ARE NOT HAVING TO START AT THE BOTTOM AND SHOOT UP. I TOO WILL RETURN THIS YEAR, AND I WILL PROBABLY HAVE A GOOD TIME EVEN IF I DONT SEE A COURSE. ANOTHER 2 CENTS, GOOD LUCK, BUTCHB.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:09 AM

Good post. S