Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

arrows/speed /poundage

Old 02-14-2004, 09:36 PM

Default RE: arrows/speed /poundage

Hey pup,I shoot vapor 23 speeds. They are light and fat. I'm shooting 54lb's, 30" draw, 80 gr. points, 28 1/2" arrows and I'm getting 270 fps.
I hope that helps.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the A/C/C 3-60. They might be a little on the heavy side for you. You could go to prbably the 3-39's and get just a little above the grn weight that you are shooting depending on your length and tip weight. Make sure that your foward of center is correct though, whatever you may choose for an arrow. Get it too far back and you will have an unstable arrow. Get it too far foward and it will nose dive. I like to keep mine between 7-9 for shooting 3-D. As far as line cutters, if you shoot good enough you won't need them. Just remember that you will have more surface area for a side wind to catch. You need to weigh out your options and find out what will work in most cases. Playing the odds can pay dividends in the long run. Get your gear set up and gain confidence in your equipment. As far as yardage, I spend at least 3x a week practicing. I have calculated my bows drop up to 50 yrds. I will estimate the range of an object and then shoot it with my rangefinder. All the info is written down and then entered into my computer. I can then calculate what my score would have been if I made the perfect shot. With this scoring system I can find out if I am improving or not. I am able to tell where my problem yardages are and work on those the most. With more confidence you can see the shot actually happening. Meaning it will more likely happen. If your confidence is low and you see yourself missing. Then you probably will. Last but not least. Shoot small. Pick a blemish on the target or maybe a shadow, Shoot for those spots and if you miss. Then you will more than likely miss small. See the target as the spot and not the whole 3-D target. Good luck in your shoots.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:08 PM
pup

yeah i shoot every day when there isnt 3 feet of snow on the ground. when you guys judge your yardage how close can you get and how close do you try to get? usually i can be within a yard or 2 but i was talking to this guy once who when he looks at a target hes like thats 27 yard 1/4 yards i thought that was crazy
Old 02-15-2004, 05:06 AM

Good post. S
Old 02-15-2004, 05:07 AM

Good post. S
Old 02-16-2004, 05:44 PM
pup

whats with white raven
Old 02-16-2004, 05:56 PM
pup

so all you guys that shoot acc's are they very strong? im known to be a little hard on arrows. also have any of you shot the larry wise pro arrows? http://www.larrywise.com/arrows/
Old 02-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The ACC arrows are tough. They are hard to robinhood. I have blown the nocks off of many of mine and they are still shooting. I was really surprised when I switched to them and found that they were as durable as they are. The uni bushing and the G-nocks are a good system.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:29 AM
pup

From all i have been hearing about the acc's i think thats what im leaning to right now. but my one concern with them is going to be weight do the easton charts tend to be over or under spined? i shoot 60 pounds with just under a 28 in arrow what size would i need?
Old 02-26-2004, 07:25 PM

I shoot a Hoyt Ultra Tec at 63 pounds, 30 inch draw, with a 332 grain carbon tech cheetah hunter and i am getting 304 to 305 fps. I agree with everyone else tune your bow and practice, practice, practice making a good shot and the score will follow.

KEEP EM IN THE X-RING

Quick Reply: arrows/speed /poundage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.