Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Rumors, more rumors and bald faced lies >

Rumors, more rumors and bald faced lies

Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Rumors, more rumors and bald faced lies

Old 12-18-2003, 08:51 AM

Default Rumors, more rumors and bald faced lies

I recieved a call a few days ago from a shooter that was the brunt of an un-true rumor.
Most rumors can damage a shooters reputation at the least, but in this case the questions coming from his sponsors are very embarrasing. In this case because of the nature of his profession as a professional archer damages in lost sponsor support could be proven in a libel case.

Let me say this right now: absolutely no pro shooter was caught this past year on the ranges checking distance before a shoot, not during a shoot either.

This is a rumor. No truth to it. Just a total lie.
If someone tells this story to you please ask them to lay off.
Above all don't repeat it.

ken watkins

Old 12-19-2003, 02:38 PM

Default RE: Rumors, more rumors and bald faced lies

I cannot understand why anyone would want to start a rumor like that. What would anyone have to gain from trash like that?
Old 12-20-2003, 06:52 AM

You asked why? Rumors are usually started by people that need to make themselves taller by cutting the heads off others. They can't do it by their own accomplishments so they tear down what someone else has accomplished. It is SAD to say the least.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:56 AM

It seems I have heard this same rumor every year since I have started competing in 3-d. It is not always the same pro from year to year, usually someone having a good year. Jealousy, the green-eyed monster!!!
Old 12-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I response to the rumors, At the local shoots here in Idaho alot of that goes on. The politics are so bad that I refuse to even turn in my scorecard anymore. I also was accused of pushing the pencil by members that were posting higher than I was, within the last minutes of posting. These members failed to show up at any of the shoots that had busted groups and double scoring. I was able to redeem myself at the state tournament by placing 2nd and clear my name. From now on I will use the local shoots as a way of staying in practice for the national shoots. But I see that some of the same still goes on at the higher levels. I have invited several of the accusers to shoot with me this year. None have yet accepted. The sport of archery is such a wonderful sport and a great way to gain focus on someting other than everyday life. We should learn to be happy for those that do succeed and use that as our own inspiration to do better. Rumors unfortunatly can be damaging and are usually a result of poor self esteem. Lets all do our part to keep archery a rewarding experience for all.