HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/official-ibo-net-forum-3-d-shooting-24/)
-   -   KEN (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/official-ibo-net-forum-3-d-shooting/35215-ken.html)

Grndzer 08-13-2003 10:49 PM

KEN

Maybe I am just upset about my father inlaw but, this made me mad today.

As some of you may know my father inlaw passed away tuesday, well I called snowshoe and talked to a IBO person, I explained that my father inlaw died and the service was friday, well my shoot time was 9:50 and there is no way I could make it. I told them that I could keep my shoot time of 11:10 on sat and wondered if I could shoot with another group around 4 pm on sat as my second round, I would be shooting 40 targets in one day but at least I would get the chance to do it.

Well the person on the other end said Hold on I will ask KEN, they came back 1 min later and said he said no way.

Now I know of guys that could not make it and I know he had to have some time slots open I would have taken anything he had but he didnt even try all I got was a no.

Maybe I am takening it wrong but I think IBO could be a little more understanding and at least tried.

Ken got on the archery talk message board and ask people to take pictures of the IBO World and post them on this board and I emailed him and said I would, well sense I am not going, I cant take the pictures.

It just made me mad I was going to do something for IBO but when I need IBO they are not there for me.

There is no excuse, he could have done something I was willing to do what ever so I could make it.

Roger

n23d 08-14-2003 05:58 AM

RE: KEN

Roger – I am truly sorry for your family’s loss.
I can understand your disappointment, but please look at it form this angle also . . . . this decision would have effected thousands of shooter for years to come . . . if an exception is made for one, then others will expect the same – no matter what other reasons may be.
You don’t really know who the person on the phone asked . . . . I just can’t imagine that with all the ranges Ken will be inspecting, that he just happened to be right there by the phone.

Grndzer 08-14-2003 06:51 AM

Well it was the lady that runs the registration booth, She was in charge and I talked to her, she said hold I will ask KEN, I would not have effected anyone but me, this is not being late or just don' t feel like shooting fri this is a family loss and the IBO should have a heart and do what ever it takes, I was willing to take anything he had, hell I would have went around in the damn dark and shot if I had too.

Grndzer 08-14-2003 07:37 AM

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...threadid=30242

easton69 08-14-2003 02:22 PM

well that is just plain wrong for the ibo to do that. wouldnt suprise me if they dont give your registration money back. that is unfortunate, and yet another negative for IBO. easto69

Grndzer 08-14-2003 09:56 PM

677-5622 Ken you know the area code your in it! Leave a message I will be at My father inlaws service. I will be there friday evening you can find me in the room under " Bartley" at the rim fire.

Here is your chance

Hawgz 08-15-2003 08:40 AM

Grndzer......Hate to hear about your families lose......KEN that is very poor the way this was handled.......ASA here we come....

fasstfletch 08-16-2003 10:07 PM

Grendzer,

Unless you have already heard, the shoot for today (Saturday) was cancelled and Friday Scores are the only ones that count. It was weather releated they said but we left at 2:45 this afternoon and that was three hours after the cancellation and the weather was no problem. I will not give my opinion or others that I have heard from many people that were there. Time will tell what impact these actions will have on the IBO AND The World Shoot at Snowshoe.

deviator98 08-17-2003 02:09 PM

sorry to hear of your loss, hope you didnt make the trip to snowshoe to find out that ken is a bigger jerk than we all thought. not only screwed you but thousands of other people as well. time for new leadership in the ibo..

60X 08-17-2003 05:41 PM

Does this surprise anyone? When was the last time the IBO did anything to benefit the shooter? How hard would it be to change a shoot time for something as simple as this? Come on guys...without shooters there is no IBO. Someone needs to look at the light and realize this before it' s too late. This is an organization....not a business...think about it.