Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Mathews bashing of hoyt part2 >

Mathews bashing of hoyt part2

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Mathews bashing of hoyt part2

Old 07-03-2003, 04:58 AM

Default Mathews bashing of hoyt part2

I read Mathews ' reality check' on their website. I am sickned, by their senseless bashing. Mathews Inc. your pathetic. Winningest bow of all time? Get a life. There is no such thing as the ' best'

I stick to shooting my Hoyt thank you!
Old 07-03-2003, 05:22 PM

Default RE: Mathews bashing of hoyt part2

Mathews has facts printed and that' s why they can claim everything they do! I won' t bash Hoyt bows, but I' ll take my Mathews over one anyday! That' s just my opinion though!
Old 07-05-2003, 08:26 AM

HOYT

Highly
Overpriced
Yuppy
Toy
Old 07-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-06-2003, 09:53 PM

Why is so aweful that mathews runs " bashing" ads? Ford bashes Chevrolet, Pepsi bashes Coke.
Even on this board the ASA has been bashed, Rinehardt targets get bashed. None of these are given a second thought, but mathews disputes claims made by other manufacturers and its if they committed an unforgivable sin.
I saw the claims mathews made on their website and I wouldn' t even consider it bashing; rather, they refute claims made by hoyt. Is what mathews claim grossly incorrect? If not, then it really isn' t bashing.
Nonetheless, mathews hasn' t done anything uncommon in the manufacturing and advertising world. Then there are politics. If anyone is so opposed to " bashing" that they wouldn' t vote for a candidate who " bashes" the other candidates, then you must never vote - I haven' t seen an election which doesn' t contain bashing.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:21 AM

I think it is uncommon to take out a 2 page add to talk about your competition . I think they are both make good bows , but I dont think your going to see Ford take up 2 pages of a magazine too tell you what a piece of crap the new Chevy is .
Scott
Old 07-07-2003, 06:46 AM

You can tell how important the subject is by the number of comments. Mathew and Hoyt are both big boys and will continue to discuss the products for the imediate future. Mathews being the Company on top may not have the best product but if they don' t, at least the majority of the people think they do. That is what Advertising is all about. The only advance that Hoyt has been able to make is that next year they are including a Crying towel with each bow. The experts keep making excuses for Hoyt but none of them work for the company, they are all posting their opinions on the IBO Forum. Case Closed.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:32 AM

Fasstfletch, I couldn' t agree with you more. Truly, the only people who are really complaining about this add are Hoyt owners. Advertising is what it' s all about. Mathews was just trying to prove that Hoyt is falsely advertising and that' s the bottom line. Every big company tries to put their company on top. Mathews is just making sure they stay on top, which I don' t see them having any problem doing! I shoot Mathews and will shoot nothing else! I feel that Hoyts are below Mathews but that' s my opinion!
Old 07-08-2003, 09:54 AM

PEOPLE....CRIMINALS......MATHEWS BASHES HOYT FOR ONE REASON.....

THEY CAN

AFTER ALL.....YALL SEEM TO BASH ALOT OF KNOCKOFFS ON THESE BOARDS.....
AND ALL HOYT IS A KNOCKOFF OF A DARTON CPS SYSTEM.......AND MATHEWS DONT BASH DARTON....

SO.....BASH ON CRIMINALS....BASH ON.....
Old 07-08-2003, 11:30 PM

I really can' t understand the negativity generated towards Mathews over this topic. It has generated copy all over the different venues that we all visit. The one thing that I have noticed is that NOBODY has disputed the facts that Mathews has produced. The tests were run in front of over 100 writers etc. and were conclusive that the Hoyt claims were intentionally misleading. Everyone wants honesty from the manufacturers, but when Mathews points out some intentional falicies people get up in arms. The point is that Hoyt intentionally and outright lied in their ads. Mathews called them on it. I dare say that anyone of you would do the same if you were producing a product or technology that someone tried to steal or made damaging untrue statements concerning said technology. The fact that Hoyt has not disputed the facts says that they have no legal ground to stand on. Don' t think for a second that they haven' t fired back because they are too classy and above that sort of thing. Corporate America is a brutal take no prisoners operation, if Hoyt could they would. That being said I think Hoyt makes a fine product, as does Mathews, and most of the other companies. The simple fact is that Hoyt made claims that were false and Mathews called them on it-there is nothing wrong with that. As archers we should be making informed decisions, not being lied to. Hoyt set themselves up for what happened-Mathews is not at fault here.[8D]

Quick Reply: Mathews bashing of hoyt part2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.