HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/official-ibo-net-forum-3-d-shooting-24/)
-   -   IBO stuff (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/official-ibo-net-forum-3-d-shooting/27181-ibo-stuff.html)

Dartonpro 03-28-2003 09:03 AM

IBO stuff

11ringon' t think i like it that much. How about everyone else what do you think.

butchb 03-28-2003 12:27 PM

RE: IBO stuff

I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO COME TO A COMPLETE DECISION YET, I HAVE ONLY SHOT THE INDOOR WORLD. BUT, I CAN SEE THINGS I LIKE AND DISLIKE ALREADY, IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE SOME OF US A LITTLE MORE TIME TO DECIDE.
I LIKE THE ABILITY TO MAKE UP FOR A BAD SHOT, BUT THIS ALSO CAN HURT BECAUSE SOMEONE WILL PULL OUT A 428 OR SO. DARN THOSE GOOD SHOOTERS... BUT, I DO AGREE THAT IT WILL SEPARATE THE GOOD SHOOTERS FROM THE BETTER SHOOTERS AND THAT COULD BE A GOOD THING, I THINK. GIVE ME SOME MORE TIME.

Deleted User 03-28-2003 06:34 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

David K. Lehman 03-29-2003 04:00 PM

I don' t hit it to much either but I do think it is where it should be, dead center of the ten.

Dartonpro 03-31-2003 08:26 AM

well guys i don' t know about it i think that ibo should have left it x 10 85
reason u might have a shooter in the hc shoot a 400 and 20 x rings or u might have a shooter shoot 398 and 22 xrings now u tell me whats better shooting'

keith meador 03-31-2003 12:25 PM

darton pro i agree with your analagy of the scores and who shot better, but (and there is always a but), it the shooter who shot a 400 with 20 had a better day, why didnt the shooter who shot a 398 with 22 have a good day as well? the shooter with the 398 hit the middle 22 times where as the shooter with the 400 only hit it 20 times.
i agree that the best shooters will always win, but, (theres that but again) at least if you do shoot that one 8 that got you beat last year, you now have the chance to get back to even with the better shooters. at least it gives you a fighting chance instead of no chance at all.
i for one like the 11 ring, but only time will tell if it is my demise at a shoot or saving grace........depending on how the national triple crown and world shoots are set it may be difficult enough just getting into the ten ring:D

pdq 5oh 04-01-2003 08:13 AM

The only thing with the 400, 20X versus the 398, 22X is, the 400 cleaned the course. The 398 didn' t. I' d say the shooter with no 8s shot better than the one with the 8.

Bob H in NH 04-01-2003 09:55 AM

The debates over which is better are silly, you have to define the goal first. If the goal is to not miss the 10, then 11' s are irrelevant and a guy who shoots all 10' s but no 11' s scores lower, but shot better than a guy who shoots 1 8 and tons of 11' s.

It the same as shooting " up" it isn' t. If you shot for the 12 (ASA) and hit it you are not " up" you got what you aimed at. In IBO basically you just redefined what a " good" shot is from a 10 to an 11. So the guy who shoots the most 11' s hit what he was aiming at more, he shot better. Hitting a 10, or hitting an 8, you missed.

--Bob

1 alive at 55 04-01-2003 06:44 PM

I don' t want to debate the issue, I just like scoring the 11 ring. That' s just my choice. But if wasn' t there I would still shoot,and have just as much fun!

Dartonpro 04-02-2003 08:47 AM

I think IBO is trying to be like ASA i don' t think it is a good idea because they are 2 different organizations I agree that the shooting part is just as fun. But there are pro' s and con' s about the situation and i look for IBO to get away from it next year