Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 So much for the hunter class being a beginners class? >

So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Old 03-26-2003, 09:05 PM

Default So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

I just looked at the indoor worlds results.If it s just me then I am sorry for writing this.I dont understand why there is almost 3 pages of people that shoot 400' s.I hear that the scores are usually high there.But to shoot 428 (which is great shooting good job) in a " beginner class" is ridiculous.Maybe I am over reacting.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Maybe I' m wrong but I don' t believe the Hunter class was designed to be or was ever called a beginners class. I know people that have been shooting for years and they are competing in the HC though some of their scores don' t necessarily reflect all their years of experience though.

I think the HC was designed for the folks that don' t have all the more expensive equipment to compete in the higher up classes.

I believe there' s a rule in place stating that if a person wins twice in year they have to move up. Until that happens and as long as they stay within eqipment rules I' d say they have the right to shoot in HC.

JMHO...

Old 03-27-2003, 08:52 AM

I think ur right parker shtr it is absolutely rediculous that they would shoot that class. the money isnt there anymore and they arent getting a good rep by shooting the short stakes. Them people should be booted to mbr or something.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-27-2003, 12:44 PM
BOS

I’m sorry; I am not sure what all the fuss is over the HC. Where does it state that an introductory class has to have low scores? Then who would decide what scores are acceptable? I take it as introductory being the distance is not as long as the other classes and that makes it a little easier for the beginning shooter or average hunter, but not necessarily for them to win. The other thing is some people like shooting their hunting setup which HC is the only class other than the traditional classes that has these restrictions. After all this is supposed to be a bow hunting organization. MBR is no longer a hunter class with the unlimited stabilizer length. I do agree that a score of 429 is kind of discouraging but I blame that mostly on the new 11 ring which I think adds nothing to this sport, but that’s someone else’s decision. Bottom line is pick a class that you enjoy shooting in and have fun and if someone shoots a 429 you just have to say “that is some mighty fine shooting”. I have three suggestions;
1. Do away with the 11 ring
2. If you want an introductory class call it that Introductory Class (IC) and make it to where you can only shoot that class one or two years
3. And if you do number 2 make MBR the Hunter Class with some of the same restriction as the present HC
Just my two cents.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:49 PM

JDOYLE,
I shot at your club a couple of weeks ago. You guys put on a nice shoot. This is off the topic but could you send me the results.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-27-2003, 03:10 PM
ej

I don' t understand why people call the hc a beginners class. It may be that someone who has never shot 3d and is new in that respect could be what is meant, but when this class was put in it was to try and get the guy who leaves his bow in the closet to take part and have some fun at a 3d shoot. It does not matter if you have been shooting 3 days, 3 years or 30 years. The ones that seem to get upset are the one' s that haven' t won and think everyone who beat them belongs in another class. The ones that do win have to move up, some who try see they can compete and they move up, and then there is the guy who just wants to be part of it and enjoy himself and that is what it is about. There are 32 classes in IBO so out of 2600 shooters at world there are 32 winners enjoy the class for the reason it was put there to have some fun. Question: should the class be made non-competetive, scores don' t count, pay less of an entry fee and just have for a place for people to get a taste of what a 3d shoot is like?
Old 03-27-2003, 05:51 PM

I' ll bet if we had a HC pro class or a rangefinder class a bunch would flock too those as well . Some excellent shooters don' t want too deal with yardage estimation and that' s were the high scores in HC are coming from .
Just my opinion , I shoot MBO .
Scott
Old 03-27-2003, 05:54 PM

You know the HC has been the greatest improvement the IBO has made in years. Even our local club has better entries in the HC than anything else, I have shot for years and I am a bowhunter, I shoot in the HC and have won a few times in local shoots but never on a national or world level shoot. I don' t think it is right to ask someone to move out of a amateur class as long as they enjoy it, if you can' t win or compete very well in this then IMPROVE. Yes, I have shot MBR but I didn' t really like that class because you can use a lot of equiptment that is not used during a hunting setup, I did compete but to force someone out of a hunter class is all wrong to me.[8D]

Quick Reply: So much for the hunter class being a beginners class?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.