Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

MBO Class

Old 03-19-2003, 02:11 PM

Default RE: MBO Class

Bob, Was talking about what you said about liking the theory of the open A/B/C as in ASA.

About the College; You talked about that it would make another class and Hocking College would have to pony up more money. I was saying that if you had an MBO-A and an MBO-B, etc. that it would not be adding another class; it would still just be MBO, but in different groups. Just throwing some ideas around. I think they make sense. MBO is just too big of a class.
Hope I cleared that up for you.
And, yes; you are right, they didn' t have to split up HC. Not yet anyhow.

Sorry to hear about your shoot on Saturday. We all get the case of those darn old nerves every now and then.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:09 PM

what i see is diversity. there are so many different levels of ability in the ibo you cannot accomodate all shooters. i agree that the pro class should stay with the 50 yard approximate rule. if you desire to be a pro, this class is for you.
there is no PGA SHORT GAME, or 9.5 foot goal height pro basketball for players that are very good, but short, or a 50 yard NFL for short legged pro football players.
adding classes will not fix any problems. i think the ibo does a very good job trying to take care of all shooting classes and shooting ability, but you cannot change a person. what i mean by that is if a shooter has no business in the hc, it is a moral decision by that shooter to decide if that is the class for them.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:02 PM

GO KEITH GO!!

IF WE MAKE A CLASS FOR EVERY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT AND THE DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS OUT THERE, THEN THAT WOULD BE COMPLETELY FAIR RIGHT? WELL WAIT, NO, BECAUSE PEOPLE SHOOT DIFFERENT DRAW LENGTHS AND CAN SHOOT A FASTER BOW THAN ME. SO MAKE A CLASS WITH ALL DIFFERENT DRAW LENGTHS AND EQUIPMENT COMBINATION. BUT WAIT, SOME PEOPLE HAVE BETTER EYESIGHT THAN OTHERS, MAYBE WE SHOULD MAKE PEOPLE GET EYE EXAMS SO WE CAN SPLIT THAT UP TOO. SO NOW WE HAVE ALL COMBINATIONS OF MAKES AND MODELS OF EQUIPMENT, DRAW LENGTHS, EYESIGHT, HMMMM..... WHAT ELSE??
Old 04-04-2003, 07:24 PM

I really can' t understand why IBO won' t leave the rules as is?? What is wrong with someone shooting in the HC if some physical or personal reason makes this person more suited to shoot in this or any other class why not?? If I had to switch to MBO this would require that I get new sights, different arrows, fletch, and then take another hour to complete the range. BOWPRO please don' t forget that you still have shooters out there that enjoy the idea of shooting as practice for bowhunting and using the same setup to do that. If the idea is to have everyone shoot from 60 yards then I don' t want any part of it, don' t take the freedom of choice & fun out of it. You have a great thing working , leave it alone.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:47 PM

JUST MY 2 CENTS, BUT I DO BELIEVE THERE IS A LEGITIMATE NEED FOR SHOOTERS TO MOVE FORWARD IN CLASS. BECAUSE WE ALL SHOOT AND PRACTICE TO BECOME BETTER, BEING BETTER MEANS BEING ABLE TO JUDGE YARDAGE BETTER, AND FARTHER. NOW I AM SHOOTING HC THIS YEAR AS I DID LAST YEAR, I HAVE NO EXPECTATIONS OF BEING ABLE TO WIN A NATIONAL OR WORLD LEVEL THIS YEAR, BUT WILL MOVE FORWARD NEXT YEAR (OR POSSIBLY THIS YEAR, HAVENT DECIDED YET). BUT, ON THE OTHER HAND, THERE ARE A LOT OF US, ESPECIALLY THOSE OF US ON THIS FORUM, WHICH ARE UNDOUBTEDLY HOOKED AND HOPLESSLY ADDICTED. I AM SURE A LOT OF THE PEOPLE WHO SHOOT HC FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE 3D RING MIGHT NOT BE BACK AT THE NATIONAL OR WORLD SHOOTS THE FOLLOWING YEAR BECAUSE OF LACK OF TIME AND INTEREST AND SO FORTH. SO, ITS NOT EVERYONE IN HC, ALOT OF THESE SHOOTERS ARE ONLY SHOOTING FOR THIER FIRST YEAR, BEGINNERS NEED A PLACE TO BEGIN, OR THEY MAY NEVER START. MY SUGGESTION IS TO PLACE AN ADDITIONAL LIMIT OF 3 YEARS IN HC, THIS WILL ELIMINATE SOME FROM STAYING IN ONE PLACE AND RUNNING OFF NEW SHOOTERS. BUTCHB
Old 04-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is my 1st year shooting 3d yes I am in HC but will be moving up next year.
I have had 2 top 10 finishes so far this year with a 4th place as my highest.
I am basically just getting my feet wet this year for the deeper water next year.

The one thing that I would like to see tho is limiting how far a person can come back. The reason I am saying this is 2 weeks ago the person who won the HC at a qualifier down here shot in Semi Pro last year.
If they are in MBR and cant handle it fair enough drop back but to drop all the way back from SP is a joke and all to win a $5:00 wall plaque and get a invitation to the worlds.
I honestly dont know how these sand baggers can sleep at night[]
Old 04-05-2003, 10:17 PM

i think the biggest gripe is that shooters of higher ability are shooting in the hc, shooters that could compete in the mbr or the mbo class. there are past triple crown winners shooting in this class, as well as a former pro female shooter.

the class is not an ability class, but it should be. the class is equipment driven, the 4 inch vane and 12" stabilizer being some of the limiting factors. until the ibo can effectively class people by their ability, things will not change. that is why i feel it is a moral issue for the shooters themselves. i personally would take little pride in shooting in the hc just so i can say i am a winner. that is not a bash at the shooters in this class, but i know that i have shot enough to know i have no business in that class. i do feel that it should be for beginning shooters, new to the sport, but only for a limited amount of time. the reason for the time limit is to keep someone from staying there and dominating the class.

i think the whole open c thing in the asa is a joke. if you cannot shoot 40 up you will not win that class. simple as that. you cannot tell me that beginning 3d shooters can shoot that good. i have shot for years and cannot shoot that good....but, i will leave that class to the new folks and hope they get hooked on the sport and not harpooned in the process.

again, that is a moral decision by the shooter, as the ibo has no effective way to calculate your ability. if it ever were based on ability, some folks would move up in class, and some would and should move to an open b, but based on ability.

i like the idea that the ibo does not force shooters to move up in class, like the asa, moving you to semi pro or even pro based on money won. an average shooter could have the weekend of a lifetime and find him/her self shooting in the pro class and have no real business there.

ibo, ken, judy, keep things as they are, you are doing a fine job, (weather may be a little questionable at times on kens part)

i agree that some folks just want to shoot for the practice of shooting hunting equipment. no problem. keep coming, and keep shooting, but no complaining. most people who shoot for fun you will never hear any complaints. people who are there for the competition, are a different story. i know around home if you can run off the top shooters, it moves you closer to the top. it is a dog eat dog world, and competition makes some people a little testy at times.

i think the ibo has bent over backwards to take care of everyone as much as they reasonably can. the only folks shooting the orange stakes now are open shooters, with the mbr, fbo, mcu, mca, etc shooting the green.....i feel that is a great move by the ibo, and the addition of the 11 ring will bring a few smiles as well.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:51 AM

I think the way the IBO manages the MBO class works just fine. I have yet to win or even come close at any major events, but winning an award at some intermediate point would not be a victory for me either. The boys on the top of the ladder should enjoy their day in the sunshine, they' ve worked hard to get there. I wouldn' t suggest they get too comfortable though, there are a lot of us headed up and we might shake that ladder hard one day soon.

As for the HC and placing time limits or drop back limits...... I dont personally think so. While I understand the arguments for such ideas, I also know people with failing eyesight or other limitations who just can not perform beyond those distances. Not that any of us are prideful or anything, most of these folks would quit before admitting they are physically challenged. I for one don' t wish to lose these people from the sport.

I do, however, have a question for the other MBO shooters. What would you think of the idea of our ranges going to approximate distances like the pro/ semi-pro. My thinking being that the MBO has many shooters at or near that ability level, and often acts as the last step off point before making that commitment. Also, since we now stand as the only class at the orange stake, by combining the range requirments we could eliminate one stake and, I think, help in range assignments. I know that that would spread the scores more than they are now, which I' m sure would effect me too. I also know that it makes it that much more intimidating to enter that class, but...... Just an idea I' ve been thinking on and would like some feedback for. Let me know what you think, its possible I' m totally crazy.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:59 PM

If your going to do away with the MBO stake I' d bet going with the 45 max would be alot more popular than shooting from the Pro stakes .
Scott
Old 04-07-2003, 06:28 AM

bluejacket, the 50 yard approximate is okay with me, but you are saying that there are a lot of great shooters in the open, and that is true, but there are also shooters in the open class that are not at the level of the top shooters. a 53 yard medium grazing deer is a tough shot, but how would it be for a shooter with less experience? in know the ibo if there is a rules change will keep things like this in mind, and if they were to stretch one it would probably be a larger animal.....

i agree it may be an intiidation factor to keep people from entering the class, but i think in years past it not only kept them out of the classes, but kept them out of the ibo. i hear a lot of asa only shooters around here say the ibo is too tough. well in years past i would agree that the shoots were at least tough, i dont know about too tough, but a real challenge. nelsonville is tough with all the targets set at 30 yards.........i dont think we need to intimidate anyone, or discourage anyone.
at present we have about 8 shooters who have never been to a national ibo event going to the world shoot, i hope they enjoy it, they are die hard asa shooters.

Quick Reply: MBO Class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.