Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 MI Final leg of the IBO Triple Crown >

MI Final leg of the IBO Triple Crown

Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

MI Final leg of the IBO Triple Crown

Old 06-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Default MI Final leg of the IBO Triple Crown

THE MICHIGAN IBO TRIPLE
CROWN SMACK DOWN
PART 4 OF 4

WASHTENAW SPORTSMAN'S CLUB
5095 Ellis Rd.,
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
I.B.O. World Qualifier/
4th Leg MI Triple Crown
Phone: 734-971-3402
E-mail:
[email protected]
Date: 6/7/2008 to 6/8/2008
http://www.washtenawsportsmansclub.org/
Old 06-08-2008, 04:06 PM

Default RE: MI Final leg of the IBO Triple Crown

What a great shoot! Way to go Washtenaw Sportsmans Club. The alligator was a real score buster.
A reminder: June 21 & 22 - Michigan IBO State Championship at Tuscola County Archers. www.tuscolacountyarchers.net for more info.

On to Gem City. Good Luck to all the Michigan shooters.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:31 PM

yes it was a great shoot. good job to all the guys and gals that put that shoot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! p.s. i still want to see 2 legs of the triple crown north of I-69!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Spike

First of all i disagree with all of you. This is one of the worst shoots i've been to. Every single shot was max yards. We are trying to get more people into this sport and if they can hardly hit the target they will get discoureged and will stop shooting ibo. Andanother thing in the rule book it states that the rings must be visible. Most of the shots i was unabile to see the rings either because it was light to dark or shot up.I refuse to shoot at Washtenaw.[:'(]
Old 06-09-2008, 03:21 PM

This was the final event in the Michigan Triple Crown. It should be hard. If it was easy I can think of a couple of hundred competitive shooters that would be very unhappy. I can compare this shoot to the final National Triple Crown in Nelsonville. If you shot the bowhunter class then your max was only 35 yards and many of the targets were in the 25 to 35 range. If you shot open class then your max was out to 50 and only a couple of the targets were maxed. IBO strives to include everyone that is why there are so many different classes. At a championship event like Washtenaw's Triple Crown everyone can expect to be challenged. Again I say - Way to go Washtenaw for hosting the final Michigan Triple Crown. Jack Romeo and all the crew over there can be proud of their work. I think the Michigan Triple Crown has become a prestigous tournament & I would really like to see my name in the leader column next year.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:08 PM

AVENGERBOY

MAYBY YOU SHOULD'VE SHOT UP AT CAPITAL AREA. THEY HAD A SHOOTER THAT SHOT AT 5 TARGETS AND MISSED 2 OF THEM. HE AND HIS WIFE PACKED UP AND WALKED OFF THE COURSE BECAUSE THE SAID THAT THE COURSE WAS TOO LONG. HE SENT HIS WIFE UP TO GET THEIR MONEY BACK WHICH CASL GAVE IT BACK TO THEM PLUS SOME DOOR PRIZES. SHE SAID 4 OR 5 TIMES THAT HER HUSBAND NEVER MISSES.
AFTER THEY LEFT, THE CLUB WENT OUT AND RANGED THE 5 TARGETS THAT HE SHOT.THE LONGEST WAS 38, THEN 2 AT 37, 1 AT 33 YRDS, OH THE HUSBAND WAS SHOOTING A 40 YARD MAX STAKE. THOSE OF YOU THAT HAS SHOT CASL KNOW THAT THE LAY OF THE LAND AND SHADOWS CAN GET YOU.
AT LEAST YOU STUCK WITH IT AND FINISHED
IT'S REALLY SAD WHEN MOTHER NATURE BEATS SOMEONE UP AND THEY WALK OFF THE COURSE.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: avengerboy

First of all i disagree with all of you. This is one of the worst shoots i've been to. Every single shot was max yards. We are trying to get more people into this sport and if they can hardly hit the target they will get discoureged and will stop shooting ibo. Andanother thing in the rule book it states that the rings must be visible. Most of the shots i was unabile to see the rings either because it was light to dark or shot up.I refuse to shoot at Washtenaw.[:'(]
You have got to be kidding me!!!!!! To long? C'mon! There were NO targerts over the approximate yards. As long as there not over 1-3 yds there not over. The blue stakes there was only 1 that was 51 yds! Washtenaw made a great course. They made you use your sight to the fullest, Up and down! AND, out of the 30 targets all but maybe 4 targets were brand knew scoring sections! I know, I helped open all the boxes they came in! The ones that were not NEW, they were about 95% new. Yes, there were some targets in shadows, the last time I shot a National, I found those very things! Every single year they put out a challenging course. Great Job Washtenaw!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:55 PM

Hats must be taken off to all the courses this past year for hosting the Michigan IBO Triple Crown Events.

It is important to note though, that all the MICHIGAN triple crown events, were extremely long courses this year. (Excluding Whitetail) I'm wondering what the motives areof those setting these ranges. A course doesn't become "CHALLENGING" when every target you walk up to is over 40 yards. For example, at Washetnaw there were only 11 targets under 40 yards, making the average from the blue stakea total of 41.5 yards. I have never shot a national or a world tournament in which a ten target loop or any course for that matter left me shooting nearly every target in the 40 to 53 yard range. A course, in my opinion, becomes "CHALLENGING" when targets are moved in and out of ranges and size along with coloring becomes a "CHALLENGE." Every national or world class IBO range I have shot consists of that type of shooting. Moving your sight from 20 to 30 to 40 and 50 yards, all in one ten target loop. That is what I believe is challenging to any archer involved in shooting competitive 3D archery. Not shooting maxed yardage situations from any shooting stake.

SO, again what is the motive of the Michigan triple crown? Is it to bring people into this sport? Or is it to make the courses so difficult for the AVERAGE archer to compete in that they become frustrated and leave the sport.What about the youth just getting started in this sport. This past year, when one shooters stake was maxed so was everyone elses, including the cub and youth stakes. If we, grown adults are frustrated with how these courses were set how do you think the youth feel.

Tuscola pulled a record number of people this year to one weekend tournament, over 300 shooters. Yet theIBO state championship doesn't even come close to reflecting those numbers?

I think we all need to take a step back and revaluate the direction of the Michigan IBO Triple Crown. We are not benefiting the state by hosting long courses. We are not benefiting the state by having three triple crown events in the SOUTHEAST corner. Michigan is one of the LARGEST bowhunting states in this nation. It's time to look at the big picture!

John Fernandez

Old 06-23-2008, 05:44 PM

very well said john, you hit it right on the button!!!!!!!!!!!! mike jones
Old 06-23-2008, 08:20 PM

Very well said John! I totally uderstand where your coming from. I thought that all the clubs we shot this year were no different from years past. I do feel Chelsea was long. They told me there were only 8 targets under 40 yds. I usually feel Chelsea does a great job making you move your sight. We all had to shoot the same course. Washtenaw had (from the blue stakes) 2 targets at 51 yd(target #4) and 50 yd (target #18) 14 targets over 40 yds and 14 under 40 yds. They ave. 39.8 yds. Yes long, know doubt, but was there any targets illegal? No! I shot so bad there I was to embarrased to turn my card in . Some days you have it some days you don't! We all had to shoot the same course!!!! I feel also you see more Michigan shooters closer to the top at the Nationals then ever before because of tougher courses AND people practicing! I feel new shooters want instant success. I know there will never be 100% satisfaction from everyone. I feel instead of people saying they'll never shoot a particular club, why don't they get involved and offer some opinions instead of bashing. Just a few short years ago we didn't have a Michigan triple crown. All I can say I have never walked off a course anywhere and said I won't come back because it was too long. Even when I first started! Well, good luck to everyone who is going down to Nelsonville and to the Worlds. Give me a call John, maybe we can meet up! Tell Cara to finish strong and good luck!

Oh here are the yds to the blue stakes from Washtenaw.....
42,38,41,51,16,47,31,47,42,43,44,47,22,47,30,39,38 ,50,34,44,41,39,38,39,42,39,48,38,37,42

Quick Reply: MI Final leg of the IBO Triple Crown

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.