Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 1st leg Southern Triple Crown >

1st leg Southern Triple Crown

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

1st leg Southern Triple Crown

Old 02-19-2003, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default 1st leg Southern Triple Crown

Well? Anyone go? Good...Bad...Best Ever...Worst Ever?
Old 02-19-2003, 04:41 PM

Default RE: 1st leg Southern Triple Crown

I just got back into town. The shoot was great, the weather was great (didn' t rain till Sunday). Dan the Man Hart was there and had his hand in setting the ranges.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

1st leg of STC was excellent, as it was last year. Dan the Man really knows how to play with your head on yardage. The local club members were also SUPER, as they were last year. Can hardly wait to go back again next year, only next time I will try not to forget my brain at home. I had most all the yardages right, but let myself talk myself out of the correct yardage, and my score reflected it. Some of the targets I looked at too long, and they seemed to move in closer to me !!! Oh well, live and hopefully learn.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

How could I possibly drop from nearly 700 posts down to 56 ?????????????????????
Old 02-20-2003, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

CC.
Everybody lost posts when the forum changed over to the new format.
But thats ok you will make them up again
Old 02-20-2003, 01:09 PM

At least your still a spike! Don' t worry they will grow back. LOL
Old 02-20-2003, 08:07 PM

I was a little surprised at how tough the open course was set . How common is it for the open class winner to shoot 3 5' s ? I also thought it was unusual to see so many targets slightly quartered at a big IBO . There were very few targets that didn' t have some kind of illusion going on . Lots of tunnel shots , broken ground , obstacles on the ground , and one across some water .
I had trouble with my yardage all day and my score showed it . I guess the thing to remember is that everyone has to shoot the same targets so there is nothing unfair about a tricky shoot .
If I can get the time off work I' ll go to Georgia and I hope it' s every bit as tough , because if it' s a cakewalk it wont be fair to the ones who are going down for the points and happened to pick the wrong shoot .
I don' t want to come off like a cry baby but if the IBO want' s southern ASA shooters to cross over and northern shooters to drive for points do you think an extra tough course is the answer ?
It also sucked getting iced in on the way home in Kentucky , but the weather was nice in Alabama .
Scott
Old 02-24-2003, 01:59 PM

SDZUMBRO: LAST YEAR EVERYONE COMPLAINED THAT THE MBO COURSES WERE TO SHORT AND EASY. NOW IT IS THEY ARE TO HARD, IT IS HARD TO FIND A HAPPY MEDIUM. BUT THE SOUTHERN TC HAS TO HAVE TOUGH COURSES OR EVERYONE WOULD RUN DOWN SOUTH SHOOT 3 HIGH SCORES AND THEN PICK AND CHOOSE THE EASIEST OF THE REAL TRIPLE CROWN FOR THEIR SOY SCORES. I DO NOT KNOW WHY THE SOUTHERN TC IS EVEN INCLUDED IN THE SOY. THE NUMBER OF SHOOTERS IS TERRIBLE, IN MBO WHAT WAS THERE 30 SHOOTERS, WE GET MORE HERE FOR LOCAL SHOOTS. THE INDOOR WORLDS IN CLEVELAND WILL HAVE 150 MOB SHOOTERS AND THEY WON' T COUNT IT TOWARDS SOY POINTS, IT MAKES NO SENSE. IT WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE TO INCLUDE THE TC, INDOOR WORLDS, AND WORLDS, TAKE YOUR TOP 4 SCORES.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:45 PM

I know they are trying hard to promote the southern circute, but like was just stated the number for the indoor worlds in MBO are 3 times number in AL. The numbers for most other classes are at least twice and not counted towrd SOY. As a shooter from northen New England it is 14 hours to cleveland and I can make it there as well as the other national legs, but the kids are in school and can' t justify spending the money for the southern shoots or winter nationals. I just hope they go after the northeast triple crown like the southern in the years to come. It has only been dormant a few years.